Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Restrict User on Purchase Order Number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have two users, they have created their respective Purchase Order. Could you please tell me the way how to restrict one user from another so that both of them cannot modify each other's Purchase Order Number.

Thanks & Regards

Disha Gupta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no standard authorization object which allows you to restrict access to particular PO number. You can see all objects related to PO in SU24 for transaction ME21N. I doubt that creating a separate document type for each user a suitable solution for you.

If you want to add some additional authorization checks to ME2XN then you can try to implement BADI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST method OPEN.

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no standard authorization object which allows you to restrict access to particular PO number. You can see all objects related to PO in SU24 for transaction ME21N. I doubt that creating a separate document type for each user a suitable solution for you.

If you want to add some additional authorization checks to ME2XN then you can try to implement BADI ME_PROCESS_PO_CUST method OPEN.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is exactly what purchasing groups are for. If you want to separate people in purchasing and avoid them tinkering with each others POs, assign different purchasing groups for them which you can subsequently restrict in authorisations using

M_BEST_EKG. Since purchasing groups are an organisational element, all options are open.