cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESourcing Workflow - SRM UWL integration?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am a SRM consultant and I am new to ESourcing.

I understand ESourcing is relatively newer product in SRM suite and SAP has provided some integration with BI and ECC and working on integration with SRM.

My questions are mainly regarding the workflow functionality available in ESourcing and its integration into SRM portal.

For example, Lets say I am working on a contract document in ESourcing and if it requires approval from Legal and Finance departments before I can release it for supplier review. Here are some questions I have..

1. What workflow steps are available in ESourcing out of the box?

2. Does it need development resources to customize workflow?

3. Does the workflow task go to SRM UWL? I would think that will need user integration across ESourcing and SRM on portal. Is it available?

Thanks,

SG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

1) What workflow steps are available in ESourcing out of the box? ---

Esourcing is not having any out of box workflow, we need to develop the workflow in XPDL format , goto setup --- > workflow --- > create and requied softeware to develop the workflow will be automatticaly installed in your Local machine. ( please check your company internet and security policy to do a installation in local machine ).

2. Does it need development resources to customize workflow? --- yes , you can create User defined object to maintain your approver list (for EG leagl apporver based on comapny code ) and use UDO object in Workflow development.

3. Does the workflow task go to SRM UWL? I would think that will need user integration across ESourcing and SRM on portal. Is it available? --- there is no standard intergation available to push workflow task to UWL.

Thank you,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

For me, Workflow editor was not installed automatically. I am using Together workflow editor to create XPDL file. When I upload the file in Workflow definition, system is not able to recognize activities under XPDL file. I am using TWE 3.3.1 version. Please let me know if together Workflow editor can be used to create XPDL files for esorucing workflow.

Thanks,

Nitesh Shelar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh -

The together workflow editor can be used with SAP Sourcing workflows, however, version 5.1 of SAP Sourcing requires that you use version 2.2.1 of the editor. SAP Sourcing 7.0 supports the new versions of the editor.

What version of SAP Sourcing are you using?

Regards,

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rob,

Thanks for your reply. We have eSourcing 5.1 so I will need TWE 2.2.1. But I couldnt find any link to download that version, TWE site has only 3.3.1 version and above available for download. Could you please help me with Download link also?

Regards,

Nitesh Shelar

Edited by: Nitesh Shelar on May 19, 2011 5:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh - I have a copy that I will email to you.

Regards,

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

please let me know the link to downlaod the TWE workflow editor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

SAP E-Sourcing having its own default Workflow Java Web Start link , then why SAP E-Sourcing recommending the JaWE editor to develop workflows, if any such installer you have ,can you please post me .

thanks

Srini

Answers (0)