cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Implementation Process !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I need brief information about the SAP implementation process. As per the ASAP Methodology we have different phases involved in the entire implementation process from Project preparation,Blue print analysis,Realization,Final Preparation and Go Live Support.

I did not involve myself into implementation. Being a Basis consultant I would like to know what is the involvement of basis consultant in each phase in detail and what are the activities being carry out by a basis team, what would be the avg team size and what would be the duration of the project approximately. I know it depends on the project and modules being used,architecture and all. i just wanted to know the rough details for information.

I would really appreciate for any useful information.

Regards,

Vinod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viond,

Please find below an elaborated details for SAP Implementaion.

The ASAP (Accelerated SAP) Roadmap provides the methodology for implementing and continuously optimizing your SAP System. It divides the implementation process into five major phases and offers detailed Project Plans to assist you (Microsoft Project format). The documentation stored at each level of the Roadmap tree structure contains recommendations on implementing your SAP System and links to helpful tools and accelerators. We use SAP Solution Manager for the same and define the steps and this information can be transformed into MPP.

The implementation of your SAP System covers the following major phases:

Project Preparation

In this phase you plan your project and lay the foundations for successful implementation. It is at this stage that you make the strategic decisions crucial to your project:

Define your project goals and objectives

Clarify the scope of your implementation

Define your project schedule, budget plan, and implementation sequence

Establish the project organization and relevant committees and assign resources

Sizing for the SAP Servers (SAPS) Important for Basis.

Business Blueprint

In this phase you create a blueprint using the Question & Answer database (Q&Adb) older versions and now it has been replaced by new value adds from SAP in Solution Manager, which documents your enterpriseu2019s requirements and establishes how your business processes and organizational structure are to be represented in the SAP System. You also refine the original project goals and objectives and revise the overall project schedule in this phase. In short its As is >> To be its from from functional consultant (mapping of business process) Basis will be involved how and when backup will be taken what 3rd party/vendor will be used, how users will be handled (CUA or normal procedure).

Realization

In this phase, you configure the requirements contained in the Business Blueprint. Baseline configuration (major scope) is followed by final configuration (remaining scope), which can consist of up to four cycles. Other key focal areas of this phase are conducting integration tests and drawing up end user documentation. Major part will be creation of transport requests and transportation to QAS system. Configuration of SAProuter, Solution manager and its various configuration

Final Preparation

In this phase you complete your preparations, including testing, end user training, system management, and cutover activities. You also need to resolve all open issues in this phase. At this stage you need to ensure that all the prerequisites for your system to go live have been fulfilled...Final Check.

Go Live & Support

In this phase you move from a pre-production environment to the live system. The most important elements include setting up production support, monitoring system transactions, and optimizing overall system performance.

You can also download an HTML version of the ASAP Core Roadmap 7.1 on [SAP Services Marketplace - ASAP Roadmaps and Run SAP Roadmaps|http://service.sap.com/asap] (SMP login required).

All the best !

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the information.