Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to Call GOS attachment (BMP) into SAP script

Siva_Muddana
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to call GOS(Generic Object service) attachment (example BMP) into SAP script. In more detail, CAD drawings/ BMP are attached to business documents at GOS level. Actual requirement is that showing/calling drawing/BMP in SAPscript when its business document is called.

Assume each document has one BMP attached at GOS level.

is there any method to call this GOS attachment(BMP) and convert it as BMP and then store it in table STXBITMAPS?. then I can call this into SAPscript and delete it after SAPscript generated/printed.

Let me know if you need any more details..

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Everything is already explained in the forum, here are hints so that you can find these threads:

1) To read GOS attachments, check [Note 927407 - Determining the content of GOS and SAPoffice documents|http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/927407]: you must first identify the attachments of the business object using Object Relationship Service (CL_BINARY_RELATION=>READ_LINKS_OF_BINRELS), then you read them using SAP Office (SO_DOCUMENT_READ_API1 function module).

2) Download them as a file onto the application server (if your application runs in background), or on the presentation server (if your application runs in dialog)

3) Then call RSTXLDMC program to upload this file

Siva_Muddana
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you Sandra.

I missed FM SO_DOCUMENT_READ_API1 in my program. Really it helped me to solve my problem.

I did solve in other way like creating an entry in stxbitmaps by passing binary content of image instead of storing it on Application server and again calling it to the program you mentioned.

Appreciate your prompt reply..

-Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Currently I am also facing the same scenario.

Could you kindly provide the code how u resolve this issue.

Itu2019s very helpful for me

Thanks in advance

Raju