Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource type MultiMixed

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear APO Expert ,

When you working with PPM and using Resource type MultiMixed

I need to Understand what's the Meaning of Continuous Resource Consumption and Bucket Resource Consumption

Please Explain

Rami

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rami,

With continuous consumption, capacity is consumed continuously. SCM tracks continous capacity consumption in a time stream down to the hour/minute/second. When you try to consume capacity, SCM checks if each second of capacity requested within the timestream is available. Consumption cannot take place unless all seconds are available.

With bucket consumption, you establish buckets (day or week or month or custom period), and each bucket has a defined amount of capacity available. When you try to consume capacity, SCM checks only if there is enough capacity remaining in the bucket, regardless of where it exists within the bucket. Detailed schedules created while consuming capacities via buckets may or may not be feasible.

Bucket capacity is usally used for mid and long term planning. Continuous consumption is useful for very short term planning, especially if you are using detailed scheduling and your sequences are critical for efficient shop floor execution. However, it is possible to run a shop through the entire horizon with either continuous or with bucket, based on your requirements.

Rgds,

DB49

former_member182449
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sir ,

I will give an Example to make my Self Clear and i need your more clarification from you about it ,

if i Put 8 H in Bucket Consumption as Variable , and 1 in continuous Consumption as Fixed

what that means ?

Appreciate Your Effort

Regards

Rami