cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC look up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are having one issue in mapping of a PI interfaces. I can see there is one use of RFC lookup function in PI message mapping.Here at this step some conversion is hppening. Could you please let me know what is the use of this RFC look up and where i can find the code in RFC look up. Is there any RFC function module assigned to RFC look up if yes tell me where this function module is assigned in PI.

Thanks

Mohit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Which version of PI r u in??

if you r using PI7.1 you can see graphical function for RFC look up in message mapping,if you are using PI 7.0 OR

older version you will see User defined function in message mapping,click on user defined code uyou will see which functional module using and what is the input parameter and Output parameter.

Regards,

raj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Could you please let me know what is the use of this RFC look up and where i can
 find the code in RFC look up.

Is there any RFC function module assigned to 
RFC look up if yes tell me where this function module is assigned in PI

The code will reside in the ECC system to which this RFC look up is made ,ask your abap

counter part or if you have access you can check the relevant RFC in SE37.In PI 7.1 all we

do is Import the RFC to the Enterprise Services Repository and maitain the parameters

[refer|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/33/1ec6ced273493a993a80c2301c03da/frameset.htm]

and /people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/15/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-graphical-support-for-jdbc-and-rfc-lookups

,Unlike we used to write udf in PI 7.1

Regards,

$rinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please let me know how i will find that to which ECC system the RFC look up is done.Could you please let me know steps to find out RFC function module.I am new to PI so don't know how to find this function module that is mapped to RFC so that i can look the code

I found the field in mapping to which RFC lookup is performed. I double click on RFC lookup but i am able to see only source structure but not able to see any function module.

Thanks

Mohit

Thanks

Mohit

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

By double clicking on your software component version. In Definition tab, you will find the system details from where the RFC meta data is imported.

Also, if your mapping program is having RFC lookup then it must have a mapping parameter of type Adapter. We need to map this parameter with the RFC receiver communication channel in Integration Directory. You need to check the interface determination for the corresponding interface where this mapping is used and find the RFC receiver communication channel used for this mapping. Check the communication channel. ECC system, to which this RFC communication channel is pointing, will be used for the lookup.

Hope now it is clear.

Please let us know if you have any other query.

Regards,

Sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit

Could you please let me know how i will find that to which ECC system the RFC look up is done

Ideally you should be aware of what systems are in landscape and to which system PI is doing the RFC look up.

Do you have any technical design document on this , if you are doing a upgrade/support activity.

Even if you dont have above information ,try this..

1. Click of SWCV in which you have design objects defined( like mappinge etc.)->you will see

Display software componet version screen towards right pane->Go to definition tab->Connection data for import

from SAP system.-> here you can see the system, client,message server (this should be more then enough to identify the

system from which RFC was imported)

2. In the RFC receiver channel, on target Tab, you can see the RFC client parameters: like apllication server, system number.

with this information you can appraoch you ABAP counterpart and ask to check the RFC (provide him the RFC name).

Regards,

$rinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

Yes its very important to first to know what version of PI you are using for ur integration.

In case of PI 7.1 RFC lookup is a graphical mapping function and in this case you need to import the RFC metadata imported into the IR, and just map the structure to your destination structure.In this case you need to have a RFC receiver comm channel to fetch the data from the RFC program in the application server.

In case of PI 7.0 we dont have this fancy,we need to write an UDF to connect to the RFC module of another application system,we dont need to import the meta data of the RFC,we do need to create the receiver comm channel RFC type and imcorporate as a input param in the UDF.

The RFC lookup UDF for PI7.0 and older is available in SDN itself.

Cheers,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We are in PI 7.1 .Could you please tell me where i can see the RFC program where i can see the code .

Thanks

Mohit

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As replied by Abhishek, In PI 7.1 RFC lookup is provided as standard fucntion in the mapping from PI7.1 and above.

To use this function, first of all you need to import you RFC(remote enabled function module) metadata from your backend application system into PI ESR. Then in RFC lookup fucntion you need to select the imported RFC metadata to be used for that particular field mapping.

In your case, since mapping is already developed, you need to find the field(s) in your message mapping for which standard RFC lookup function is used.

If you found that field in your mapping, u just need to double clcik on RFC lookup function node. It will show you the RFC metadat used for this particular lookup.

If you want see the functionality behind the look, then you need to go to backend application system and search for the fucntion module whose metadata is used in the lookup.