cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to syncronize changes in secondary Master data objects with Primary?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!!

I am working on a requirement in which I have to create a custom repository for EQUIPMENT master and EXCISE master.

There are Material,Vendor,Customer,Equipment,and Excise master repositories in the server.

Excise master deals with determination of excise rates based on Material and chapter Id combination,also its required to have upto date Vendor and Customer details in the Excise master repository.

The Equipment master on the other hand requires updated Material records,which are available in separate Material repository.

It can be done through-

->Multiple Main Tables

->API's fetching records

Please guide me how to go ahead and which is the best way?

Thanks,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I just want to know that you have to maintain two custom repositories i.e. EQUIPMENT master and EXCISE master.

Or is it ok with one repository.

Why i want to know is becuase if you create two custom repository then you have to maintain material data two places i.e. in both repositories.

If it possible that only repository can work then you can go with one repository with 5 maintables.

But every thing has pros n cons .

Pros:

data storage is less

cons:

so if you go with one repository so in this case user load only on one repository becuase if user interested in vendor or customer or material they will log in same repositories and hence there is more chances of server downtime.

you can go with multiple repositories one for each .

pros

With this no more load on one repository.

cons

in this approach you have to do the syndication btw repositories to get upto date data and storage needs more as some common data maintain in different repositories

So i would suggest that

You can go with multiple maintable IF

1.1 individaul repositories donot have so many users i.e. vendor ,material and customer repositories donot have so many users then put all in one repository so that we can maintain data at one place.

Different repositories is also good option if all three repositories have so much load and you can get upto date data through syndication .But in this approach if you need all fields from three repositories then it would be a waste of storage and if you need ony some information from these repositories then this is good also.

Please inform us abt what is feasible for you so that we can make the solution more simple.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu!

Thanks for your quick response.

We are maintaining 5 different repoitories,for Material,Vendor and customer we are using standard content ,and for Excise and Equipment we have custom repository.

Now,Equipment record has to have involved material data,so it needs to be syncronized with material repository.

Excise has to be syncronized with Material,Vendor and Customer data.

So,I want to know what is best way to achieve this?Please give some links or material which can be helpful.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

you can check this link for yr requirement.

/people/klaus.david/blog/2009/10/01/sap-teched-09--live-expert-session-multiple-domains-in-one-mdm-repository-vs-one-mdm-repository-per-domain

Hope it help you.

If you have confusion then please get back to us.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Regarding Excise master (Hopefully you are talking about CIN Data), I will not go for separate repository. Rather I will enhance the existing Material, Customer and Vendor Repository to achieve this. Data Modeling is depends on the Business need and i am sure you will be able to take care of this.

Some of the Key challenges / points to remember would be,

- For Customer master and vendor Master, You need to enhance to IDOC to accept the CIN data.

- For material Master, go for Customer program which can post Chapter ID and related tax data.

- You need to handle syndication sequence for Material master and Chapter ID related data. May be PI and MDM workflow would be great help.

Not sure about Equipment Master, I can comment on the same if you can send me the details of fields or tell me the T code which can create Equipment master in SAP ECC

Cheers,

Rc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh!

Thanks for informative answer.

What I think is if I make separate repositories for each master and then maintain few fields pertaining to Material master in Equipment and syncronize them time and again.This is because number of fields common in these masters is small.

The same goes well for Excise too.

The code for Equipment creation is IE01,Modification IE02and View IE03.

Related table is EQUI.

Please guide on possible solutions to this scenario.

Thanks

Ravi

rajesh_chavan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I am very sure about excise master. Enhance standard BC repository for Materiali, customer and Vendor with chapter ID tax data, CIN data respectively.

I had a quick look at Equipment master and it looks bit complicated.I need to spend more time on this to understand the fuctionality. Modelling decisions shoiuld be driven based on the functionlity utilization of particular data object. I need to understand which all fields are utilised at your end for Equipment master.

Cheers,

Rc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi

With the little experience I have on MDM 7.1 modeling would suggest following points-

1. Assuming that Equipment and Excise being custom repsitories will have relatively simpler repository schema. For Equipment master repository linked with Material master you can go with Lookup main options, maintaining both in same repository.

2. Assuming again that data model for Material, Customer and Vendor will be relatively complex than Excise, linking all 4 of them in a single repsitory may not be a good idea from performance and scenario supporting view. Instead you can define a smaller subset(only global- Description, IDs.....) of data attributes for 3 masters( Customer, vendor, Material) in 3 different main tables and maintain in the same repository Excise. Pain point will be duplication of data and maintenance.

3. Use of slave repository for READ/Search operations to reduce overall downtime in case a repository with multiple domains is brought down. Slave repositories can be synchronized after each downtime/delta changes.

thanks-Ravi