cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager and SAP ECC on same server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to install Solution Manager and SAP ECC on single server. Oracle database with different schema (e.x SAPSR3, SAPSR4)

But can I use same mount folders?

Kindly highlight your experience and knowledge on this point?

Thank you so much

Regards,

LuongDK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Experts,

>

> I want to install Solution Manager and SAP ECC on single server. Oracle database with different schema (e.x SAPSR3, SAPSR4)

> But can I use same mount folders?

>

> Kindly highlight your experience and knowledge on this point?

>

> Thank you so much

> Regards,

> LuongDK

Hello LuongDK,

Please refer to the FAQ section on http://service.sap.com/solutionmanager, Check the installations section:

Which system should I use to install SAP Solution Manager?

The system has to be dedicated to the SAP Solution Manager. No other components can be installed on top of SAP Solution Manager.

SAP Solution Manager does not necessarily require separate hardware. It can be installed as a separate instance on an existing hardware.

This means that the hardware can be shared if it is sufficient to support 2 systems. However a MCOD option is not recommended at all.

Regards

Amit

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While it might be technically possible using MCOD or other methodsSolution Manager is not recommended on the same system as a PRD system like ECC

The idea is that Solution Manager is always available as a standalone system to monitor all PRD remotely

and PRD systems like ECC have their own system and resources - so that core production performance and business

functions are never impacted by Solution Manager or vice versa

Best wishes

Stuart

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Oracle database with different schema means..you want to install Solman and ECC as MCOD system ?

If yes, then i will suggest you to install both system as separate system not in a single database as both are resource intensive systems. Also, if you plan to install both on same server but with different database then you have to see how many resources are available like RAM, CPU etc. if they are sufficient enough then you can plan to install both.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply!

I want to install for test purpose, MCOD is not problem.

I don't really know about multiple instances (Central Instance, Central Services Instance) of SolMan and ECC in same folder (/sapmnt, /usr/sap) or I have to put that in separate folders?

Thanks,