Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settling costs to AUC for prior Fiscal Year

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an issue.

The "Investment profile" is set to "Summary Settlement" so the Amount field is displayed in the settlement Rule so settling by Amount is available.

The fiscal year ends on 6/30. With this Investment Profile, if costs are incurred in settlement period 5, I can still perform an AUC (Processing type: Automatic) settlement in period 7 or anyother settlement period in the same fiscal year. But if the AUC Settlement is not performed in the same fiscal year, the AUC Settlement will not work. For example, if $500 of costs happened in Period 5/2009, I can do an AUC settlement period of 5,6,7, or 8 and SAP will still capture the $500 in AUC because it's in the same fiscal year. But if I try to do the AUC Settlement period in a new fiscal year, SAP will not capture the $500 in AUC. SAP will give the message "Either the sender is already settled, or there is nothing to settle." If the "Investment Profile" is set to Line item settlement, it will work but the Amount field will be missing in the Settlement Rule.

Is there some setting that is missing? Thanks for your assistance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as my knowledge goes when you have a two step settlement i.e, Prliminary to AUC and Final to Main assets, all the actual costs have to be posted to AUC periodically and before close of Asset year. Once asset year is closed system will not allow you to post previous year's costs to AUC in the current year.

A work around will be to create a duplicate WBSe transfer all the unsettled costs to it and continue with the settlement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are costs lying in the income statement at the year end, therefore these costs have to go to a balance sheet account for the year end and reversed in the next year where settlement can take place. Use results analysis to do this for you.

Hope this helps

Regards

Dawn

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pelase share message no. and when the same you are gettting, as summary settlemetn is having some limitation.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I have. I did a Full Settlement and it still won't capture prior Fiscal Year's costs.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ron,

Have you tried running with Full settlement option so it all catches up as you expect?