cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Container Empty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to configure Alerts(No BPM involved). I set up everything as given in Michal Krawczyk's weblog. I defined SXMS_MSG_GUID as the container and selected the corresponding ABAP datatype. In the tab "Long and Short Text" , I typed the following in the Message Title: Error: &SXMS_MSG_GUID&

When I generate an error (This is a Mapping Error), I get the following error message in my Alert Inbox:

Error: < SXMS_MSG_GUID not found>

I would have expected to see the Message id there. I am currently on SP14. I also looked up two SAP notes (835031 and 947738) , but I am not sure if this is the reason they dont work. Your suggestions to solve the issue would be most helpful.

Regards,

Vikram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

DId you apply the corrections mentioned in the SAP Note- 947738.

Try to change the Alert Category and Save it & try again.

Also check this SAP Note - 913858 (troubleshooting) if you did not go thru this..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had mentioned this note in my question. I believe that this note should not be the issue as I am trying to only get the message id and the message id is of length 32 characters. Non-application of this note has a negative effect only if the error message is greater than 255 characters in length. Please correct me here if my understanding is incorrect

Thanks,

Vikram

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I,ve also configured the alert Management.I've followed following Steps:

1. Configured alert Category using Tcode ALRTCATDEF for PM Notification

2. Configured alert Container using BO as BUS2038 and also set the parameter import as selected.also Configured Long Text.

3. Configured Event Linkage using T Code SWE2 Based on Created Event.

4. Now While I'm Creating the Notification I'm Not able to Get alert container Variable Value as required.

Kindly Help me to Configure alert container Properly or let Me Know if some Other Setting required to be configured.

Thanks n Regards

Raj

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I,ve also configured the alert Management.I've followed following Steps:

1. Configured alert Category using Tcode ALRTCATDEF for PM Notification

2. Configured alert Container using BO as BUS2038 and also set the parameter import as selected.also Configured Long Text.

3. Configured Event Linkage using T Code SWE2 Based on Created Event.

4. Now While I'm Creating the Notification I'm Not able to Get alert container Variable Value as required.

Kindly Help me to Configure alert container Properly or let Me Know if some Other Setting required to be configured.

Thanks n Regards

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

>><i>In the tab "Long and Short Text" , I typed the following in the Message Title: Error: &SXMS_MSG_GUID&</i>

Have you defined the corresponding container correctly under the container tab.

Check with some other container variable, if you are facing the same problem.

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<i>I typed the following in the Message Title: Error: &SXMS_MSG_GUID&</i>

Instead of typing it there is button in that tab which gives the list of variable. Please can you try putting the variable from there rather then typing it.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had tried that one too. It did not work.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushumna,

I checked the container tab. The container SXMS_MSG_GUID is defined as the ABAP dictionary data type SXMSMGUIDC. Please let me know if this is incorrect.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

The ABAP datatype that you have mentioned is correct. Well, under the container tab, there is one more tab -"properties". Can you just tell me if import and export have been checked? Also, like I suggested earlier, did you try another container variable-is it giving you the same error??

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushumna,

I created another container SXMS_ERROR_CODE defined as abap dictionary data type CHAR70 . I also marked the checkboxes for import and export. Upon generating the error I still get the problem.

Error:< SXMS_ERROR_CODE not found>

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

You'll probably have to check the configuration for alerts itself..especially the alert categories..

btw, have you defined alert rules, etc..

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushumna,

I also applied the Notes : 835031 and 947738. But still the problem is not solved. Can you send me screenshots of the alert container setup and the alert rules used in your alert configuration. That might give me a clue as to where I went wrong. I would very much appreciate it if you could send the screenshots to my email id

vikram.vijayaraghavan@gmail.com

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

I am sorry but I wont be able to do that. Have you been able to successfully configure and raise alerts on the same system earlier?

I guess you will have to probably raise an OSS Note with SAP.

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sushumna,

I dont know why you are unable to send me screenshots but you must have your reasons. I thank you for the help you have provided so far.

This is the first time we are configuring alerts on the system. I will try a few more things before I raise an OSS note. When I find the solution, I will share it in the forum.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Can't mail you screenshots since I am currently working on the client's network:)

All the best with your efforts!

-Sushumna

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Is this what you have done when defining the container variable?

<b>1. ELEMENT : SXMS_MSG_GUID

2. ABAP DICT DATA TYPE : SXMSMGUIDC</b>

the name and short description can be anything you want.

In the short / long text <b>&SXMS_MSG_GUID&</b>

regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikram,

I just re-checked the configuration from our interfaces...clueless about wat might be wrong..I wonder if you are missng something...i guess u'l have to raise an OSS!

Let us know wat d soln is!

-Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Yes, that is what I have done while defining the container.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Did you already find a solution for your problem? we are facing the exact same thing here...

Regards,

Andre Stuy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andre,

The problem is not yet solved. We are soon planning to upgrade to SP17 from SP14. So hopefully, all bugs relating to alerts in SP14 would get solved and I hope that this issue gets solved as well. if it does not, then I have to raise an OSS note. But do let me know if u get lucky.

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

I am not sure if this is a problem with the service pack...because I am currently using SP14 and I have been able to confiure these alerts conveniently...but yes, do raise the OSS Note, perhaps you will have to update the pack with some patches.

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushumna,

I have the same problem as Vikram has. Other than that I have another problem, which is that I am not getting any alerts at all. What areas do I need to check for this? I think I have done some config incorrect/incomplete.

Please help me with this. We are at SP 14 and applied all the notes as per the SAP Note.

Thanks

Kalyan