Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Business objects and how it works with BI and BPC security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Does anyone have answer for the following question:

1. Wanted to know how Business objects work with BI and BPC security, what is the best strategy?

Where and how you enable the business content? I have read the guides little confused because BPC kind of Mimics SAP IDM?

2. I was thinking RSD1 is used for enabling Content? does it still hold good?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The term Business Object is used now days in broader sense and no more bound to only reporting strategy for BO. So, it depends on the usage, scenario and integration for different BO reporting components (if you didn't mean to say BOBJ AC, PC, NFE or RM or GTS which I also think from your email.) in the SAP environment. I would like to request you to give little bit more details on the components of BO you are going to use and the existing application which are going to be flourished with BO reporting solutions.

Regards,

Dipanjan

3 REPLIES 3

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The term Business Object is used now days in broader sense and no more bound to only reporting strategy for BO. So, it depends on the usage, scenario and integration for different BO reporting components (if you didn't mean to say BOBJ AC, PC, NFE or RM or GTS which I also think from your email.) in the SAP environment. I would like to request you to give little bit more details on the components of BO you are going to use and the existing application which are going to be flourished with BO reporting solutions.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipanjan,

Thank you very much for the answer,

The Architecture in my present project is heading towards single sign on, the business team asked me this question how does business objects for BI work? I have not worked on this before, I have exposure to SAP GRC business objects.

Since I do not have much experience in Business objects/security related to them, I said I will get back after doing some research. Also they mentioned that they wanted to implement BPC I looked at the guide its similar to SAP IDM

with the concept of Admin , super, power users etc..... being implemented via LDAP(AD).

Needed some insight on how to give a best possible solution?

The focus is on BI 7.0 and BPC only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have implemented security design for Business Object integration with BI system with analysis authorization.

just to start as usual design and create PFCG/analysis roles in - BI backend system with access to BI reports and then import these roles in BO and define security settings in BO using BO CMC. It cannot be explanied here in details as security settings in BO side require experience/training.

Best Regards

Imran