cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change user sap<sid> authorization to DBM session and SQL session

former_member282328
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I need to add the SQL authorization to the user session: sap <sid>, since this user is the owner of a table (zxxxx) and I need to give the authorization to another user to allow access to that table (zxxxx).

I manage to login with username: sap <sid> to dbmcli, but when I need to enter with the same user via dbmcli sql mode, gives me the following error:

Online dbmcli PR2> sql_connect sap<sid>,xxxxx

ERR

-24 988, ERR_SQL: SQL error

-4008, Unknown user name / password combination

This error is displayed because this user: sap<sid>,is a user DBM session and I need to change or add SQL session,

since this user is the owner of the table, I have to enter sql to give permissions to another user to be able to access the table (zxxxx).

I appreciate anyone who can help me about it

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I need to add the SQL authorization to the user session: sap <sid>, since this user is the owner of a table (zxxxx) and I need to give the authorization to another user to allow access to that table (zxxxx).

No, you don't.

What you're trying to do is so terribly wrong - you really don't want to do it.

Do you want to have your data secure?

Do you want to control how your data is accessed?

Do your company face SOX/Basel II audits or something similar?

If you answered any of those questions with YES, then you don't want to provide access to the SAP tables to some other user.

See [Questions to SAP Support: Is ODBC access to the database a good idea?|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/9742] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; for a more complete discussion of that topic.

> I manage to login with username: sap <sid> to dbmcli, but when I need to enter with the same user via dbmcli sql mode, gives me the following error:

And that is wrong as well.

SAP<SID> should not be a DBM-User, but a SQL-User only.

Why would SAP<SID> need to manage the database instance?

There's CONTROL and SUPERDBA for that.

SAP<SID> is for application data. Only.

> Online dbmcli PR2> sql_connect sap<sid>,xxxxx

> ERR

> -24 988, ERR_SQL: SQL error

> -4008, Unknown user name / password combination

> This error is displayed because this user: sap<sid>,is a user DBM session and I need to change or add SQL session,

> since this user is the owner of the table, I have to enter sql to give permissions to another user to be able to access the table (zxxxx).

WRONG!

This happens simply because you don't know the correct password for the SQL user.

You don't know the password to the SAP application data!

> I appreciate anyone who can help me about it

Instead of asking how to do the wrong things the right way, why don't you tell us, what you want to achieve?

regards,

Lars

former_member282328
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Leards, problem closed