Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOWTO: Process IDocs from non-SAP sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody!

I have a small problem with the following scenario:

There is an external, non-SAP system that is able to send IDocs. Those (customer-) IDocs are as of now processed by an R/3 backend. Now this solution has to be migrated to an XI-based scenario:

IDoc                       mult. IDocs
ext.System ---------> XI Integr. Process ---->-->---> R/3

However, all the documentation I found so far is based on an SAP R/3 sender system - and I can't seem to get the configuration for this particular scenatio right. Do any of you have relevant documentation?

Thanx in advance,

Joerg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you configured your sender service in the configuration as a service or a system?

In case it is a service, make sure that you have specified the sender and receiver parameters for the service.

Since you have a BPM, you should have two receiver determinations:

ext system to BPM and BPM to R/3

And your receiver agreement should be configured with BPM as the sender and the R/3 system as the receiver.

Regards,

Smitha.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As per the post, nonSAP systems are sening Idocs??? may Idoc data here..

Now question is , in what format data is coming to XI? is it file format ? If so, what type of file ? is it comma separated file ?

Probably file will be there in source side. If so, your scenario will be File->XI->Idoc.

Identifying Source system, source data format is important here.

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to admit - the scenario is somewhat esotheric. But regarding your questions:

Since there has been a communication before, we have the IDoc metadata in the R/3 backend. Using transaction IDX2 I have been able to load the metadata into the XI system w/o problems.

The external system has a certified SAP IDoc "connector" (as they call it) that is able to post the IDoc data- presumably through JAVA JCo or some other method. The only thing that matters to me is that they are right now sending IDocs to the backend directly - without files or something like that.

Now my <i>real</i> problem is that of receiver determination etc. Everytime I send an IDoc to the business process, the external system gets the error message

[code]

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (104) RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE:

No service for system <name of external system>,

client <name of XI client> in Integration Directory.

[/code]

This message occurs although I think I have configured the process correctly. Here I try to supply the pipeline of my process:

[code]

SENDER RECEIVER REC.DET.

<XI system> <business proc.>

<rec. idoc> <abstr. itf. inp.> n/a

<external system> <business proc.>

<rec. idoc> <abstr. itf. inp.> n/a

<business proc.> <R/3 backend>

<abstr. itf. inp.> <send idoc> IDoc

[/code]

(Showing this in HTML is veeerys awkward

But this doesn't seem to work...

Any ideas?

Regards, Joerg

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Oh..it is good to know..

you are using BPM here right ? Now the flow should be like this~

External System->Integration Process

Integration Process->R/3 system.

I did not understand the first part of the pipeline..Also check that, all configurations are correct.i.e Logical systems in SM59 transaction in XI system.

Hope this helps,

regards,

moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the receiver agreement for the IP to receiver SAP R/3 system, for the receiver agreement header information at the end, select the Sender service as the service from where you are getting the data.

Regards

Vijaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorg,

<i>Now my real problem is that of receiver determination etc. Everytime I send an IDoc to the business process, the external system gets the error message

com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (104) RFC_ERROR_SYSTEM_FAILURE: No service for system <name of external system>, client <name of XI client> in Integration Directory.</i>

Looking at the error, it seems to be a problem with the business system that you have created for the sender side. Please make sure that the details for the sender business system are correctly configured in the SLD. Since you are using some sort of "IDoc connector" on the source side and due to this a non-SAP system is able to post IDocs(!)...I think you will have to be careful about the ale configurations to be done on the source side(between source-XI and source-target).

<i>Everytime I send an IDoc to the business process, the external system gets the error message</i>

Does this mean that you are sending IDocs to a BPM??

Regards,

Sushumna