SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBL3N - Fund and Business area field

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My requirement is to populate Fund and Business Area in the standard transaction 'FBL3N' from table ZZSPLITA. We have included Fund (U_GEBER) as a special field. Can we accomplish this through BTE or do I need to go for custom program. Any ideas?

Thanks

Prakash

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is kind of comlicated. The most strait forward way is to use tansaction GD20 instead of FBL3N. GD20 directly access Special Ledger table ZZSPLITA. One of the of the GD20 limitations I can see is its not being able to tell the difference between open and closed items in the situation of querying on an open item managed account.

Mapping ZZSPLITA info to FBL3N lines is even more difficult. This is because ZZSPLITA is a split ledger table. One GL document line item can split into several Split Ledger line items with multiple funds and amounts. For example, in BSEG, a line item with a tax account may have an blank fund, but its corresponding ZZSPLITA entrie(s) may be more than one. Mapping can be done based on ZZSPLITA field REFDOCNR, REFRYEAR and REFDOCLN.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Ming