Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIRS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I having query with regard to the PIRS.

Scenario 1: If SNP or PPDS alone is implemented then APO will get PIRS from R/3 using CIF Integration Models.( In this scenario PIR IM must be active)

Scenario 2: If DP alone is implemented we transfer forecast to R/3 using Transfer Profile.(In this scenario PIR IM not required)

Scenario 3: If DP+SNP or PPDS is implemented then :

DP release the forecast to SNP or PPDS using release profile or Online release.DP will transfer the forecast to R/3 using Transfer Profile.

In the senario 3 does we need any active integration model for PIRS?

If we does not activate the PIR Integration model then how the system behaves.If the PIR IM is active then what can happen for scenario 3?

Please clarrify.

Highly appreciated for your replies.

Regards

Vicky

Edited by: vicky999 on Jul 9, 2010 6:02 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky

You do not need a integration model for scenario three. The system cannot cif a PIR that was generated by APO. The standard fucntionality won't allow you to release from APO then send it back via the CIF. You can only cif PIRs that have been generated directly in the ECC6 system.

It is possible copy the APO generated PIR using version management in ECC6 and then the PIR will cif back to APO but I am unsure why you want to do as mentioned previously.

You do not need to release the PIR to ECC6 when you have SNP/PPDS implemented. The Planned Orders generated from APO should go back to ECC6 for execution.

Hope this

Kind regards

Grant Brockelbank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vicky,

You are right about first two cases. I hope in the second case u need to send PIR to ECC from DP because you would like to take MRP run in ECC as SNP and PPDS are not implemented.

Now in third case if DP, SNP and PPDS is implemented then why you need to send PIR to ECC? if you send PIR through transfer profile and also activate IM, then same will again try to come to APO (SNP or PPDS). Thus you will have duplicate forecast from DP and also from ECC. In this case u shud not have IM for PIR and also you should not send to ECC. Forecast treatment should be only in APO.

Best regards,

Vaibhav