cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print text in English & chinese lang in the same window in smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My requirement is in the Smartform for few windows i need the text in the English Language as well as corresponding Text in chinese Language.

For Eg Buyer:

需方:

Address

地址:

联系人:

Tel: Fax:

电话: 传真

I need only the corresponding Labels to be converted to the chinese language. Please let me know how this can be done.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you have aq Unicode system this should not be a problem.

The smartforms MS Word editor can handle mixed languages like English and Chinese to enter the texts.

If you create the spool via Unicode cascading fonts device type SWINCF, then the print should work fine also. (see SAP Note #812821)

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

Its a unicode system. But how to print the text in Smartform. Can you please let me know the way to print this text.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

My requirement is i have fetched the text from the table in Chinese Language. But when i try to print it through Smartform its Printing as ######. Can someone Please tell me how to print this text in Chinese in the Smartform.

Thank You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I´m not a 100% sure but it sounds like a "Mission impossible" to me.

Why so? Well, printing english(latin letters) and Chinese(Chinese letters/signs) in one form would need two codepages. I´m afraid you just can assign code page.

But since i just guess that it is not possible, you should not give it up totally.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have a Unicode system? If not and the problem is with displying the texts, check the GUI settings for character set?

For printing these exts via non-Unicode system, as well as language ZH, the Chinese texts must have simplified Chinese font like CNSONG and the text must be processed via a Chinese device type like CNSAPWIN.

For Unicode system, the device type SWINCF should be used. In this case, language and font are no longer important.

Regads,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Am fetching the text through the select Query by passing the Language as chinese. But when i try to write the chinese text fetched its showing as #####. Please let me know how to write the text fetched in chinese.

Thankyou

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can some one please reply to my query. Pls

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vasudha,

You maintain the English & chinese text in different standard text using SO10 in different languages.

Then include these texts in your smart forms.

The process to include these texts :

Right click on the node=>create=>text=>choose the type as Include text.

Text Name         <The standard text created in SO10>
Text Object       TEXT
Text ID           ST
Language          <Language>

Regards

DKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Vasudha,

You need to have the corresponding paragraph format attached with the text which you want to display in Chinese (Eg CNSONG etc)

You could create a separate paragraph fprmat in your smart style and apply it to the CN text used throughout your form.

Hope this helps.Let us know in case you need any further details....