Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write Optimized DSP Activation : FES 012 error - Access to file denied

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are in BI7.01, SP 5.

When we try to activate a Write Optimized DSO, we get the following error : "Access to file Denied". the error message number is FES 012.

We do not have any authorization error in SU53. Each time we hit the enter key, the activation starts again and ends with the same message....I do not know how to investigate and there is no main error message that I could rely on specifically linked to BW...I searched on OSS, but did not find any information.

The only workaround I've found is to activate first the DSO as a standard one and then change it. Even if I get the error message, the system took into account the change of type. But I do not know if it is going to work like that when transporting to QA.

Has anyone experienced that knid of behaviour before ?

Thanks

PY

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PY,

DId you check the system log and the DB log to see if there were any messages in the same ?

Also are you having any issues with activating other normal ODS ? and is this happening for all write optimized ODSes?

It could also be that the write optimized ODSes are in a separate tablespace and if you have done any reorg or restore in the OS or have done any recent OS Upgrade - then check the permissions on the tablespace file names...

Edited by: Arun Varadarajan on Jul 9, 2010 7:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

In SM21 I do not see anything, but Iwill check the Tablespace location. Thanks for the hint, I will update you!

PY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun

In SM21 I do not see anything.

Regarduing tablespaces, standard and WO DSO are stored in the same tablespace.

I only have this issue with WO DSO. For transactional and standard DSOs, everything is fine!

What would be the best way to dig into that issue as I don't want to enter the debug mode for such an activation...

Thanks

PY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus

Some update on that issue:

in the SAPGui 6.40, there was a file created in a folder that we do not have access to on our PCs. That was the reason of that error.

PY

Former Member
0 Kudos

GUI Security settings need to be disabled. please check and confirm.

0 Kudos

Yesss Azim, that is the trick!! Thank you!