cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding A Business Process To SolMan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've just upgraded our Solman system to EHP1 SPS22 and I'm now looking at business process monitoring.

From documentation I've seen you go into DSWP and select your solution and away you go, I've also seen mention of transactions solar01/02. I seem to be missing something here as our defined solutions don't already have business processes defined and I'm being a bit lame as I can't seem to see how you would add a new business process in.

Does anyone have any experience in doing this and is able to coomunicate process in a step by step guide to get us up and running?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can see the link for how to setup guide

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700006137532006E/BPMon_Setup_Guide.pdf

You can choose source as Project in stead of BPR or repository as you have added into your project

and then choose the project it will list all the Business Process there.

In addition below for steps with screenshot

https://websmp110.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700006137542006E/BPMon_Setup_Roadmap.ppt

Hope prb solved.

Regards

Prakhar

Edited by: Prakhar Saxena on Jul 10, 2010 12:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakhar,

Hi, I think the problem is that the project doesn't contain the business process. Unfortunately I couldn't access your second link as it hung.

I'm thinking that the question is when you add a project is this when you define the business processes which then become available for subsequent functionality?

If so does anyone know how to do this activity?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Spencer,

as you probably heard here and ther the SAP Solution Manager supports the whole lifecycle of a business process. Hence there are especially two logical parts

a) the project and business blueprint part which you access with your mentioned transactions SOLAR01/02

b) the operations part where you have a similar but nevertheless separate directory the so called Solution Directory that you can access via DSWP > Solution Landscape > Solution Landscape Maintenance or via the "Business Process Operations" Work Center.

In both directories you can maintain business processes from scratch or use the Business Process Repository or another Project or another Solution as source.

What you require for using Business Process Monitoring is that business processes are maintained in the Solution Directory. If so far you processes are only maintained in SOLAR01/02 then you can copy them into the Solution Directory.

You should find corresponding iTutors under http://service.sap.com/rkt-solman

You can also have a look into http://service.sap.com/bpm > Media Library > Technical Information for different technical papers explaining on how to setup BPMon.

Perhaps you also want to visit the FAQ page http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/FAQBusinessProcess+Monitoring

Best Regards

Volker

former_member235924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I don't have a step by step guide, but to get you started, the following might help. I think there is also a session on the RKT for Solution Manager.

Usually you would use Business Processes defined in Solar01/02. But you can also select BPs from the SAP Repository. Go to your Solution landscape maintenance (Change Solution Directory). You can choose the Business Process Repository as source and under Business Scenarios you can use the drop down for scenario and choose a scenario. Don't forget to set the status to 'Production' before going to BPM.

I hope this gives you an idea how to start.

Regards,

Ingrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ingrid,

Hi, thanks for the info, this is were I'm getting confused! When I go into the areas you mention there aren't any business processes defined. When I went into the repository there wasn't any for ECC 5.0 (which is what our backend ERP systems are on) but just things such as CRM, SCM etc.

So this is where I'm struggling, could I just make up my own business process and add it to a solution i.e. simply sales order scenario, this is where I think I need some assistance, thanks!

former_member235924
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know how you feel. I had the same problems and were looking for weeks. Unfortunately I really cannot tell you what is the right way. in all presentations I have seen, the business processes had already been defined in Solar01/02.

In our system I actually see some SAP ERP scenarios, but we are on ECC 6.0. At one time I just picked one scenario ( I think in the Soluition Manager Repository) and used it to define job monitoring for any job in our ERP system. But that's probably not the right way.

Meanwhile I (Basis) have worked with the Business Analysts and after they understood what I am looking for, they told me which of the scenarios they had defined for documentation purposes only, I should use to monitor specific jobs.

Sorry, not to be of more help.

Ingrid