cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Functions tab, Attributes tab, Responsibility tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Can anyone explain me the difference between the impact: if I define the company code in the Functions tab and if I define it as an attribute?

I understand that the shopping cart can be created based on the company codes that have been set as an attribute to the resp. org unit. But, then, if the company code I define in my Functions tab is different from the one in the attributes tab, then what impact does it have?

Also, I would want to know the difference between the impact while creation of a shopping cart: if I define the product category A in the Responsibilities tab and if I define product category B in the Extended attributes tab?

Answers will be fully rewarded!

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ancy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ancy,

At the time of creating Organization Company in PPOMA_BBP, we select Company and define the Company Code under Functions tab. All the organizations/persons belongs to this Company inherits the Company code by default. Now, in some business scenario where user wants to create shopping cart for some other company codes too. In that case, you have to add additional Company code in Attribute BUK.

To create shopping cart for particular Product Categories, you have to define the Product Category under Extended Attributes tab.

Responsibility tab is only for buyers (Purchasing Groups) where you maintain Product category so that buyer is responsible for that Product Category. If any user creates shopping cart with that Product Category, it will go to responsible buyer for sourcing.

Thanks,

Anshuk Saxena

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lauren and Anshuk for your valuable inputs. Points have been awarded.

Regards,

Ancy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ancy,

>

(...)

> I understand that the shopping cart can be created based on the company codes that have been set as an attribute to the resp. org unit. But, then, if the company code I define in my Functions tab is different from the one in the attributes tab, then what impact does it have?

> (...)

Generally, the user inherits the company code from his/her company. If you want to overwrite the value inherited from the organizational unit, you should define the company code via attribute BUK only.

This value must be defined as company code on Function tab for one organizational unit in order to be released in its Attribute tab. All organizational units under this company are automatically assigned to this company. You can see it in Function tab for any organizational units.

So, with attribute BUK, you can assign an organizational unit to more companies than the one it is directly assigned by the organizational structure.

>

(...)

> Also, I would want to know the difference between the impact while creation of a shopping cart: if I define the product category A in the Responsibilities tab and if I define product category B in the Extended attributes tab?

> (...)

Extended Attributes tab -> give authorization to user to create purchasing documents for corresponding product categories.

Responsability tab -> give responsability to purchasing groups to manage corresponding product categories (access to SC created with those product categories in sourcing cockpit for example).

Regards.

Laurent.