cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 7.1 Portal Business Package support for Windows 7, IE 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I wanted to know if the Portal Business Package applicable for MDM 7.1 is supported with Windows 7, IE 8 and is compatible with Enterprise Portal 7.0 SP21.

I am not able to locate the supported Web Browser Platforms for SAP MDM 7.1 on the PAM (Product Availability Matrix). There is nothing listed under that tab.

I found that EP 7.0 SP21 onwards is supported on IE 8.0

Also, I have seen that currently SAP MDM GUI Clients are supported upto Vista only and not Windows 7 and similarly, the servers are supported upto Windows Server 2008 and not on Windows Server 2008 R2 (Server for Win 7).

Any idea, if SAP is planning to release the supported versions for Windows 7, IE 8.0 and Windows Server 2008 R2 in near future.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best Regards,

Uday

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday

For MDM7.1 portal business content..

"The MDM 7.1 portal content requires the following SAP NetWeaver Portal (EP) version:
NW 7.0 (2004s): EP 7.0 SPS15 and KMC SPS15 (if UWL is used)."

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Please refer Technical details table from below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/5e/48a04270600d31e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

where you will find information:

Availability: SAP NetWeaver 7.0: Portal (EP) 7.0 SPS15 or higher

And Browser Recommendation : Any browser supported by EP 6.0 or EP 7.0

I found that EP 7.0 SP21 onwards is supported on IE 8.0

Yes, I think this is right, Please refer below document page no 16/34

https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001225132009E

I have seen that currently SAP MDM GUI Clients are supported upto Vista only and not Windows 7 and similarly, the servers are supported upto Windows Server 2008 and not on Windows Server 2008 R2 (Server for Win 7).

Yes you are right, For the same you can check at https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/pam

I don't have any idea when Windows7 and windows Server 2008 R2 will be supported :(.

I think may be Michael Theis can give some insight into this about future possibility.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhanshu,

Thanks for the information.

How to check if the Portal content will also be compatible to IE 8.0. As per SAP PAM only EP 7.0 SPS21 onwards is supported for IE 8.0.

Will the Portal Content for MDM 7.1 be compatible to EP 7.0 SPS21 also?

Also, which Service Pack, Patch or build of MDM 7.1 should be used?

I'm still novice to the concept of MDM and Portal intergration.

Thank you.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi uday,

As per my understanding if it is supporting lower version then it should support higher version also.

But i am consfused also when i check on https://websmp206.sap-ag.de/pam for mdm 7.1 there is now web browser support for ie 8.Just check on this link.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Sudanshu and Mandeep.

How do I check for the supported OS and Web Browser Platforms for Business Packages for Portal Content for MDM and also regarding the MDM servers and GUI clients as I had mentioned in my first message of this thread.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, How to find if the Excel 2007 formats are supported by Data Manager Import feature and Import Manager?

And is MS Visio 2007 supported by MDM 7.1 workflows?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

MS Excel® (OfficeXP, Office 2003,Office 2007) are supported by mdm 7.1 and MS Visio® 2003

standard supported by mdm 7.1

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

How to find if the Excel 2007 formats are supported by Data Manager Import feature and Import Manager?

And is MS Visio 2007 supported by MDM 7.1 workflows?

Please check the SAP Note: 1385073 - SAP NetWeaver MDM 7.1 SP04 Release

Navigate to-->New Features and Enhancements:

--> Enhanced: Added Office 2007 support for Import Manager. Now Import Manager can connect to the following new file types: .accdb (Access 2007) .xlsx .xlsb .xlsm (Excel 2007). In addition Export from Data Manager to Office 2007 is supported and Workflow supports Visio 2007.

As per release these formats are supported from MDM 7.1 SP4 and prior higher versions.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini