Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Check

shinjiin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have the following scenario in my production system.

Sales Order A requires 100 PKT of Material A to be delivered on 10.07.2010 -> created on 09.07.2010

Sales Order B requires 100 PKT of Material A to be delivered on 11.07.2010 -> created on 08.07.2010

Sales Order C requires 100 PKT of Material A to be delivered on 12.07.2010 -> created on 08.07.2010

Current warehouse stock of Material A = 100 PKT

However, when I run VL10C to perform delivery for Sales Order A, I am faced with the following error : VL150 Only 0 Qty of Material A available.

These are the settings in OVZ9

Availability check : 02 Individual Requirements

Checking rule : A SD Order

The following items are checked :

Replenishment Lead Time

-> Check without RLT

In/outward movements

-> Incl. Purchase Orders

-> Include reservations

-> Include sales reqmts

-> Include deliveries

Question :

1. How does SAP allocate which Sales Order has a higher priority on the warehouse stock, thereby "reserving" the stock against the Sales Oder? - is it through the date of which the Sales Order is created?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sales Order A requires 100 PKT of Material A to be delivered on 10.07.2010 -> created on 09.07.2010

Sales Order B requires 100 PKT of Material A to be delivered on 11.07.2010 -> created on 08.07.2010

Sales Order C requires 100 PKT of Material A to be delivered on 12.07.2010 -> created on 08.07.2010

1) if B sale order Qty i mean DN is created not yet PGI then for s/o A it will not allow.

2). If not yet DN for B , then u r plant having multiple Storage locations then the system will find to difficlut do perform the availability. in that scnerion pl assign storage location at item level in s/o. it will confirm the qty

Hope clear.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go through this link

[Program SDV03V02 / V_V2??? |]

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleague;

Based on the example provided, and not get so deep in detail related with your customizing I have to say that if your have a 100 PKT in your stock, the first sales order created will allocate these quantities.

In this case, the sales order B (it´s depending of hour of creation) will take this quantity.

Probably, the other two notes won't confirm the quantity in sales order.

The system will take in account (rule for MTS or MTO) the first one created.

I hope it can clarify.

make a review and re-test your process.

Ruy Castro

shinjiin
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruy,

What happens when

Sales Order A - Delivery on 16th July, 2010 created on 10th July 2010 -> Material A 100 PKT

Sales Order B - Delivery on 17th July, 2010 created on 11th July 2010 -> Material A 100 PKT

and Warehouse stock is now 120 PKT.

looking at the scenario above, Sales Order A should be allocated with 100 PKT, while Sales Order B should be allocated to 20 PKT.

If Sales Order A for Material A Quantity is upped from 100 PKT to 120 PKT, when DO is created, would the system allocate all 120 PKT to Sales Order A?

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
looking at the scenario above, Sales Order A should be allocated 
    with 100 PKT, while Sales Order B should be allocated to 20 PKT.

Answer is YES

If Sales Order A for Material A Quantity is upped from 100 PKT  to 120 PKT,
   when DO is created, would the system allocate all 120 PKT to Sales Order A?

Answer is YES for which, if you redo availability check for this sale order from VA02.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

shinjiin
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help.

Is there any settings to perform automatic availability check when Sales Order quantity is modified?