cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP insurance for training

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are planning to implement the SAP-Insurance for our organization. It is needed to provide the

training environment for the people.

Could you please suggest me

1. can i go ahead and install the SAP-Insurance module using ERP 6.0 EHP4 ready dvds and

ehp upgrade for insurance module?

2. Or do i need to install using IDES dvds?

Do you have any info/ feedback regarding the IDES system for insurance module

Thanks and Regards

Purna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Purnachender,

I understand from your question that you are working on SAP Insurance.

Hope you can help me with the following question.

Once Policy managemnt, claims, incentive and commision management and collection and disbursements are installed using CDs do you know then if the above mentioned Insurance modules can then be activated all at the same time or do they need to be activated in a certain order.

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Latifa,

I am also looking for the same, hope someone who has already activated the insurance module (ERP 6.0 EHP4 Insurance) will help us regarding this activation.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can install training environment with installation DVD you have for installation. You need to first install EHP4 ready system and then need to do upgrade to EHP4 level.

But if you want to install IDES system then installation procedure for IDES will also be same. But you will need different installation media for IDES installation.

Check SAP Note 1379040 - IDES ERP 6.0 ECC 6.0 incl. EHP4

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for your reply,

Here i want to understand the importance of the IDES system for insurance module. If i want to install using ready dvds i can install and upgrade the pure SAP system with out any master data in it. But if i install IDES , it will have some test data.

But i heard there are some disadanatages as we may not configure the settings according to our needs in the IDES.

Can anyone share their experience in this case.

Thanks and Regards

Purna

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

IDES contains test master data. And it is not for configuration of your scenario. For this purpose you should install a sandbox system where you can configure your scenarios.

Importance of IDES lies in:

IDES contains application data for various business scenarios that can be run in the SAP System. The business processes in the IDES system are designed to reflect real-life business requirements, and have access to many realistic characteristics. IDES uses easy-to-follow business scenarios to show you the comprehensive functions of the R/3 System. The focal point of IDES, however, is not the functionality itself, but the business processes and their integration.

Thanks

Sunny