cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking possible from 902 storage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have done GR against PO and the material is available in stock at IM level and in 902 storage tyoe at WM level.

I have still not cretaed the putaway TO and placed the stock in warehouse.

But still the stock is available for picking . I could pick the stock from 902 storage type against the Picking TO created for outbound delivery and do the goods issue.

How can i avoid this situation of picking from 902 storage type?

Regards

Jimmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In thoery you can pick from 902, especially when you are manually inputting the storage type in the TO creation process.

However picking is supposed to be automatic and in here comes the picking sequence that you define.

Interim storage types are not generally maintained in search sequence.

So if you maintain serach sequence for picking propely, TO creation for outbound will fail if there is no stock.

You can also use cross docking (opportunistic) to later move from 902 for the delivery.

Hope this helps.

Regards

former_member81321
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the settings for your source storage type in SPRO, deselect the check box "Allow negative stock".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Here the possible solution can be changing the put away strategy and removal strategy to fixed bin . Tis will ensure that unless stock is available in fixed bin, removal cannot be done and also do not tick the negative stocks indicator in removal strategy.

Path for the same :

SPRO>>>Logistics execution >>>>warehouse management>>> put away strategy /Removal strategy

BR/

Tushar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

While processing TO from O/B Delivery system has to pick the storage type based on the stock removal strategy and after TO confirmation it will place the stock in the interium storage area based on the below settings

Check in the outbound delivery what is the movement type in the line item in Goods movement data Tab, for that corresponding IM movement type check the reference and the corresponding WM mvt type and the relevant destination storage type assigned for the WM mvt type in OLML>WM>Activities>Transfers>Define Movement Types.

Basically 902 interium will be for GR and for GI , if its a 601 mvt type in O/B delivery then it will be 916.

Regards

Amuthan M