Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHP for SAP NW/EP

former_member182205
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just know we have installed sap ep 7.0 ,SP 14. I want to know wat all EHP (Enhancement package ) are available for EP7.0 /portal, and wat all additional functionallity we will get if we apply EHP for our newly installed portal.

Should we go for EHP-1 or not ? What all things need to be kept in mind in order to decide for EHP?

will i get more web dynpro functionallity in ehp1 ? as compared to now EP 7.0, SP 14 ?

say for example we have done EHP1 for our NW 7.0 , and this has enhanced web dynpro like more functionallity has come in web dynro but from where i will get latest NWDS which is compatible for this.

i will have still old NWDS with me

Do I have to upgrade my NWDS also with this EHP1 by downloading new NWDS from SMP ?

old NWDS will not be useful after EHP1 ??

please let me know

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the list of available EHP can be obtained by: service.sap.com/pam

You can choose between EHP 1 and EHP 2.

For WDJ, the EHP don't really offer new functionality. For this, you should consider upgrading your WDJ servers to CE (7.1 or 7.2). You should use a NWDS that works together with the WDJ version. If you upgrade your server, also upgrade your NWDS. As you still can create working code with an older NWDS version, this wil get you into trouble when your NWDS is for 7.0x and the WDJ is on 7.1 or 7.2.

For EP, EHP2 offers the AJAX framework page ([SAP Help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/71/61fb59aed14b95bfe95eb323c951fa/frameset.htm]).

Upgrading your portal to a new EHP also gives you some indirect results / benefits like: chances are high that the portal theme will get applied to integrated WDJ/A applications, bug fixes.

br,

Tobias

former_member182205
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tob,

Thanks for the reply, I have a query : Suppose I am using EP 7.0 , and within that server i want to upgrade only WD java server as suggeted by you so that i can use new functionallity of WD java, so is it possible that only WD java server/framework I can upgrade to 7.1 in EP 7.0, and rest other components of EP 7.0 remains same. Is this is possible ? if yes how ? any documents on this to upgrade particular component in 7.0 and keeping rest of the components of 7.0 unchanged ?

Do i have to apply any EHP for this, is that a mandatory step or without applying any EHP, Still i can upgrade any particular component of 7.0 to 7.1 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Suppose I am using EP 7.0 , and within that server i want to upgrade only WD java server as suggeted by you so that i can use new functionallity of WD java, so is it possible that only WD java server/framework I can upgrade to 7.1 in EP 7.0, and rest other components of EP 7.0 remains same. Is this is possible ? if yes how ? any documents on this to upgrade particular component in 7.0 and keeping rest of the components of 7.0 unchanged ?

Do i have to apply any EHP for this, is that a mandatory step or without applying any EHP, Still i can upgrade any particular component of 7.0 to 7.1 ?

Ans - Yes we can only apply the most current patch for EP 7.0.

Most current patch for WebDynpro EP 7.00 version -> EPWDC22_0-10003557.SCA

We can deploy this component using SDM tool or JSPM tool. Details of document are :-

SDM Doc ref - For detailed information about the command line interface of the SDM, see the SDM installation directory (under <SDM-Install-Dir>/program/doc/SDMCommandLineDoc630_en_final.pdf).

JSPM Doc ref - "http://help.sap.com/nw70 --> Knowledge Center for SAP NetWeaver 7.0 (2004s) -> Functional View [open] -> SAP NetWeaver by Key Capability -> Solution Life-Cycle Management by Key Capability -> Software Life-Cycle Management -> Software Maintenance -> Java Support Package Manager".

To answer your question, I believe then we need not upgrade the whole version to EHP1 (i.e. 7.01 versions).

Do let me know in case of any further queries.

Thank you.

Regards,

Manomeet Mohapatra

<removed_by_moderator>

DO NOT ask for points

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Aug 30, 2010 9:23 AM

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul,

you cannot upgrade the WDJ part of EP to 7.1. 7.1 is a separate product, it has to be installed on a different instance.

br,

Tobias

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182205
Participant
0 Kudos

d

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Latest version of netweaver is EHP2. So, you can upgrade to EHP2. Please check below document for new features delivered with EHP2.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a0f25216-c61f-2d10-0ba2-fe89db34d...

NWDS is also available in EHP2 version.

Thanks

Sunny