Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Hi.

When i do packing (test) following problems occured.

Material FG- 120 Pcs

Packing Material

1) Box- Each box contains 40 pcs each

2) Carton- Each carton contains 3 Boxes each

1) When i do the packing at VL02N system created any number of HU's. Means first i packed 40 FG in Box, then i think system should show only remaining 80 pcs. But system showing all 120 pcs. Apart from 120 pcs systme allows any number of packing and that many HU's created. This is one issue.

2) The above problem i corrected by deleting additional HU and try to do the delivery. Here first i packed 40 pcs in each box, hence 3 HU's created and three HU's put together in Carton for my final packing. System shows me green signal. But when i do PGI system showing following error message

Sales order stock XXXX 000010 does not exist

Message no. M7184

Diagnosis

For sales order XXXX, item 000010, no sales order stock of the material exists in plant 1000, storage location 0001.

Could you please guide me both. For 1) why system is allowing to create multiple HU's for a specific qty and why the second issue is coming.

Please advise.

Thanks & regards,

Deepu Pillai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Sales order stock XXXX 000010 does not exist
Message no. M7184

In one of the SAP notes, following explanation is given for the above error.

If the order is assigned to a sales order and if the reservation has a special stock indicator 'E', the system always displays this message if the corresponding sales order stock does not yet exist. This is automatically created if, using a goods receipt posting, the stock is posted for the first time (entry in table MSKA). If the stock exists but if the quantity is not sufficient, the system issues message M7021 instead.

If you do not want the item to be posted from the sales order stock, remove the special stock indicator on the Details view (F5) and the system automatically deletes the sales order number. You can then post the item without error M7184.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)

You should describe in more details what you are doing...

In packing dialog you should select the (empty) HU and the materials to be packed, specify the quantity and then click on the "pack" icon.

The partial quantity of the to be packed material should be reduced accordingly.

2)

You didn't give much details about the error.

Are you in MTO environment?

According to the information given by you system wants to consume the goods (post the GI) from SO special stock, however there's no sufficient stock in the SO segment. You should check the situation in MB52 / MMBE.

If you really need the SO stock then you should move the goods in that stock segment by MB1B (MIGO) + 412E.

Which material number appears in the error message? The number of the FG or one of the packing materials?

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jul 9, 2010 12:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

Thank you for your input.

1) I think i went wrong in packing overview screen. Yes HU's are created but i missed somewhere in selecting the quantity. I am checking it.

2) Siorry my bad. I am working in IDES and somebody changed strategy group.

Regards,

Deepu Pillai