Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUP-5.3-SP12-Import roles

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I have a question about Configuration tab>Roles>Import Roles

When you import roles into CUP from ERM, they are already imported from back-end to the ERM-GRC, so why there is an option to choose the System when you already choose ERM as Role Source? I mean that ERM does not belong to any system and it is not necessary to choose the system if you have chosen ERM as your Role Source. Is there any way to disable that dropdown list when you choose ERM as Role Source?

hope you understand what I mean

Regards,

Margarita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Margarita,

There are two choices in CUP because not everyone implements ERM. Also, ERM is one of the newest GRC modules and was not implemented at many customers until recently.

You can't disable the choice, but you can set a default choice in the Connector configuration. I'd recommend setting the default in the CUP connector since once when I was really tired, I accidentaly imported all the roles from the SAP backend when I had really wanted ERM. I had to delete 230 "pages" of roles in CUP, one page at a time!

-Dylan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Varun,

just one question to confirm and clear out my doubts:

So when you import roles in ERM, roles are linked both to the physical System ( ID connector) and System Landscape. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance,

Margarita.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Margarita,

Even though you import the roles from ERM but you still need to tell the system that which Backend System (SAP) these imported roles should be associated with in CUP. For eg. if you have connector named HRD in CUP and you are importing roles from ERM, after import CUP will link these roles with connector HRD. After that if you go to search roles and give system as HRD, all these imported roles will show up.

Regards, Varun