cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman CCMS alerts are send with delay

michael_gebauer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Because of errors while saving the original post, I've created this new one (latest answer below)

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

please let us know more about your problem.

Which CCMS Alerts do you mean.

Alerts via E-Mail, Alerts in RZ20 etc. ?

Best regards

Tobias

michael_gebauer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry for bad post, but I had troubles when saving the thead..

I've set up availability monitoring with Solman (CCMSPING). In RZ20 an alert is triggerd when a system is down, but the email was sent some time later (sometimes up to one hour).

I have checked timezone and user settings, but this seems to be okay.

Which job is responsible for sending out these alerts ("normal" email job?)?

Example:

system down 10:39

Alert inRZ20: 10:39

SCOT: 11:41

Thanks

Michael

Edited by: Michael Gebauer on Jul 9, 2010 12:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

try following:

Transaction "SCOT" -> View -> Jobs

Here you have a view about the send jobs in your system and you can have a look when they were running.

Transaction "SCOT" -> Settings-> Send Jobs

Here you can see when your next send job is running

Transaction "SCOT" -> Utilities-> Overview of Send Orders

Here you can search seperate e-mails, and find out if they were sent successfull or not.

You can find the job which send the e-mails of course via Transaction SM37. Select there jobname SAPCONNECT*

Best regards

Tobias

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

> I've set up availability monitoring with Solman (CCMSPING). In RZ20 an alert is triggerd when a system is down, but the email was sent some time later (sometimes up to one hour).

> I have checked timezone and user settings, but this seems to be okay.

Although you said that you have checked the timezone and user settings, let me re confirm that.

1. have you gone through the SAP note :1015628 - Documents with status 'Send time is not yet reached'.

2. Please check the time zone of the system (also the server) and time zone of the user who sends this email. You can find the the user from transaction SOST under the sender coloumn. Check for the user who sends the emails for CCMS alerts. Please note that you need to check this for the client through which the mails gets triggered. You may also check for any time zone difference between client using transaction STZAC

3. Check the parameter TIME_ZONE in the parameter tab in the method definition.

4. Check the frequency of the scheduled scot job too.

Rajeev

michael_gebauer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for the answer:

1 -> no documents with such status

2 -> everything is CET

3 -> it is CET

4 -> every 5 minutes

Thanks

Michael

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As system, server and the user (SU01) time zones are CET, the issue may not be with that. Could you please send a message from SBWP and check whether you are able to receive it at right time?

Rajeev

michael_gebauer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes I am able.

I just did another test and I gues, that the problem is somwhere else (not sending job). When an alerts occurs, it has Status "action required" for different times. But I did not understand why the action is not beeing executed immediately.

Regards

michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

first of all: if you use CCMSPING on your Solution Manager (from CCMS point of view: this is your CEN!) there is absolutely no way to use central autoreaction methods in CCMS. You have to create a local one (I think you did) and therefore there will be a normal delay for autoreactions (depending on auto/abaptime). But it should not be more than 15 minutes.

Did you configure your SCOT environment in client 000 or in another one? You have to configure SCOT in client 000, otherwise you will not get any CCMS-mail. So take a look at SCOT in 000.

If this will not be the reason, check CCMS selfmonitoring if there is any trouble with autoreactions.

Feel free to call back.

Kind regards,

Dirk