cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Stack Installation onto existing SAP instance (ABAP Stack)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I have already installed and setup an ABAP stack of netweaver 7.0 on linux machine with MaxDB. Now i want to install Java Stack with Existing ABAP stack.

I am ready with Java export SW components 14 , just need your guidance.

Regards

Shiv

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For NW 7.0 and above versions of SAP AS server your can go for a separate AS server and the DB can be shared (MCOD) or both can have independent DB.

Regards,

Sharib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It sounds interesting!!!

Can you be able to tell me something more about MCOD thing?

Regards

Shiv

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

MCOD:Multiple Component in One Database.

Normally we use this when we dont want to have a seperate DB for a new AS server and want to use the existing Database.

You can use the database of the ABAP AS server and install your JAVA AS server on the same DB.

For more detail please refer to the link below:

Link: [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/50a1b7a6-8307-2a10-05bc-d4388cbd4201?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Regards,

Sharib Tasneem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharib,

I opted the Java Add-in Installation method and tried to install J2EE engine with ABAP. After few steps (before installation) it throws an error " SecureStore files must be available on Unix. Check if the global directory is mounted" .

I have checked few threads and they talk about wrong permission of "global/security/data" direcotories and its contents. I followed the path and found there is no file in this directory (???). I have given it full permission (777) and then tried again, but no success.

can you suggest me what went wrong?

Regards

Shiv

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just as info:

> I opted the Java Add-in Installation method and tried to install J2EE engine with ABAP.

Dual stack instances are no more recommended, you should install a separate system with a different <SID>. This make administration and maintenance a lot easier.

> After few steps (before installation) it throws an error " SecureStore files must be available on Unix. Check if the global directory is mounted" .

please post the relevant parts of the necessary logfiles (sapinst_dev.log).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I did not know about this dual stack problem. Anyway, I have resolved this error (installing MaxDB part for Java Add-in).

After this i successfully started Java Add-in installation and installation competed first 6 steps perfectly But now at step 6, it throws this error -

Hi Markus,

registerSDMJstartup was executed with status ERROR ( TypeError: scsInstance[0] has no properties)

Fyi, I have also installed a SCS instance on this machine. so no properties of SCS instance makes no sense ???

Regards

Shiv