cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

instance.properties file can not update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done Solution Manager 7.01 ABAP+JAVA syatem copy from Prod to QA on HP-UX 11.23 .ABAP stack is up and running but JAVA stack did not happy to start.

When I went to launch configtool it shows inconsistense and iam not able login through configtool .

I tried to change manually from OS level instance.properties file and removed few entries and saved , after then system bounce back.After system restart instance.properties file did not get update with new settings I have changed.It still shows old entries.

Why instance.properties fille still shows old entries and any suggestions?

- Shaik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please provide information about how you did the system copy (using SAPINST-> export/import method or via backup/restore). Also did you change the SID of the system after system copy or is it still the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Denish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I have the same problem. It was backup/restore method without change SID. Can anybody help me?

Thanks.

desiree_matas
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaik,

After a restart, the instance.properties file is written again with the values you have set in the Config Tool. This means that, if you have set different values in Config Tool, they will be reflected in the instance.properties file after restart. Have you changed the values in the Config Tool?

Regards,

Désiré

Former Member
0 Kudos

How did you do the copy of the java part? Via sapinst?

Kind regards,

Mark

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What method you have chosen for system copy ?

Also, paste dev_server0 logs.

Thanks

Sunny