cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background Jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

Is there any way to find background jobs being executed by a user.

I know we can go in SM37 and give user name there and get the jobs ..but that gives the display of the background jobs created

by that user id and does not take the user iD given in "STEP" into consederation.

Is ther any way to find out the jobs by a user even if the user id is declared in "STEP".

Please relpy ASAP.

Thanks and regards

Mayank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the table TBTCO. It contains all the information.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand your question correctly, what you want to know is if a job is scheduled by XYZ user but in step there might be give some other user ABC and you want to know where to find ABC from the job...if it so then from SM37 only you can find that.

From sm37 select the job schedule by XYZ user then double click on the job. In next screen click on STEP button on toolbar which will take you to next screen where it will display the program name and varaint of the job along with the user ABC if it is define to run with ABC.If you double click on that entry also give you the details.

But as per my knowledge I dont think its possible to display the job names with the user name defined in the steps. Only jobs can be displayed with which it was scheduled but not the one in defined in STEP which will only execute the program with that ID.

Hope clarified.

Regards,

Sharath

Edited by: sharath Babu on Jul 9, 2010 2:51 PM