Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM_ERP_MULTI_HIERARCHIES_EXTR: Extract hierarchical lookup data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all.

I have some questions for the MDMGX.

I tested the MDMGX to import reference data from ERP to MDM.

In case of CUSTOMER scenario, I need to configure the step "Define Function Module Parameters for Exceptional Cases"

for hierarchical data and use function module "MDM_ERP_MULTI_HIERARCHIES_EXTR"

In this step, I should set Input Parameter as " *,[Port_Name] "

But as I know, function "MDM_ERP_MULTI_HIERARCHIES_EXTR" extract only one lookup data per one execution.

Is there any way to set Input Parameter in ordet to extract multiple lookup data at one execution?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Q,

> In case of CUSTOMER scenario, I need to configure the step "Define Function Module Parameters for Exceptional Cases"

> for hierarchical data and use function module "MDM_ERP_MULTI_HIERARCHIES_EXTR"

> In this step, I should set Input Parameter as " *,Port_Name "

Who is telling you that you need to do so? This is not required for the mentioned function module.

Best regards

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michael.

As you mentioned, I ran an extraction step in MDMGX without input parameter for MDM_ERP_MULTI_HIERARCHIES_EXTR.

But I've still got error message as "Invalid input parameter for function MDM_ERP_MULTI_HIERARCHIES_EXTR called for port LT_AccRecPledgingIndicators"

Port "LT_AccRecPledgingIndicators" is the level 1 MDM_PORTCODE using function module "MDM_ERP_MULTI_HIERARCHIES_EXTR ".

Please show me the correct way to handle it.

Best Regards

Q

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Q,

To make use of this MDM_ERP_MULTI_HIERARCHIES_EXTR, Ensure that you have applied SAP Notes 1403879, 1404964 and 1407978 to enable the import of the new lookup hierarchy tables in your ERP remote system.

Hope it helps..

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Q,

it might be that some functions in MDMGX are not in your system. Are you familiar with SAP Note 1412742? This one contains useful hints regarding the setup of MDMGX and system requirements.

Best regards

Michael

julyrizzo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Did you solve the issue? I have the same problem when running MDMGX on an ECC 6.0 environment (already applied notes 1404964, 1403879, 1407978). MDMGX is configured with the configuration files (MDMGX_71500_?.txt) available in MDM 7.1 SP5.

--> When running for Material (level 1) I got the message:

Invalid input parameter for function MDM_ERP_MULTI_HIERARCHIES_EXTR called for port LT_PlanningCycles

--> When running for Vendor (level 1):

Invalid input parameter for function MDM_ERP_MULTI_HIERARCHIES_EXTR called for port LT_CustomsOffices

--> When running for Vendor (level 2):

Invalid input parameter for function MDM_ERP_MULTI_HIERARCHIES_EXTR called for port LT_RegionalStructureDistricts

--> When running for Customer (level 1):

Invalid input parameter for function MDM_ERP_MULTI_HIERARCHIES_EXTR called for port LT_AllowedPlants

Regards,

July

julyrizzo
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The solution for my issue was to apply the following SAP notes:

Note 1467866 - MDMGX: New Function Module for Customer Tax Classification

Note 1464364 - MDMGX: Enhancements Hierarchy Lookup Extr. for MDM 7.1 SP05

Note 1464167 - MDMGX: New Function Module for Tax Classification Data

Note 1407978 - MDMGX: New Function Module for Payment Terms

Note 1404964 - MDMGX: New Function Module for MDM Hierarchy Lookup Tables

Previously some notes were incompletely implemented as they have probably been implemented in a wrong sequence so that context blocks of subsequent notes were not found. When the problem was corrected and notes re-implemented, everything worked fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot everyone, the problem was solved.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member496675
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing the exact same problem. We have applied the notes in the same sequence as mentioned in this thread. However, there are no Customer related entries in MDMGXC2 and thus our extraction program is failing.

What is the role of MDMGXC2? and how do we maintain values in this table?

Regards,