cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

must be deployed with a 6.20 SDM

0 Kudos

hi

when i am try to deploy a file with Developer studio then i got this error..

"Error: com.sap.sdm.util.sduread.IllFormattedSduFileException: The archive (D:\usr\sap\NWP\JC00\SDM\program\temp\temp2439635994275015321.ear) must be deployed with a 6.20 SDM, which has a SDM-SDA compatible version 1 or greater."

my question is this..

1) how i check the version of SDM

2) can i upgrade it? and how.

3) or nay other solution for this problem.

madan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Madan,

I am glad to know that you finally could deploy from NWDS.

Regarding your question about NWDI users and logon data, please, refer to note 896427, it details all the information I think you need.

I hope this helps you too.

Regards,

Blanca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madan,

Yes you can check the SDM version in multiple ways.

1) check the version file of SDM in SDM home directory, in sdm home directory there should be one version file it will shows the version of SDM

2) check the System info page thre you can see the SDM version

3) and the simpliest method is call the SDM, at the time of startup it will shows the message like verion 1.3.xxx...

Yes you can update the SDM by using the SDM update file.

Check the notes 532892 and 544979 for the complete information about SDM update.

Note: stop the sdm before updating and restart the SDM in integration mode once the update is completed succesfully.

Hope the above information will be helpful to you...

-Srini

blanca_serrano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Madan,

Have you tried to deploy it with the remotegui of SDM? what are the results?

is it possible that you have imported NWDI projects (i.e. DCs) using NWDS > File > import... functionality?

If this is correct, then this is exactly the reason of the problem you are facing.

Unfortunately, this procedure (export to a ZIP file and then import the project) is only for standard eclipse projects allowed, not for development components. For DCs you have the option to create the DC projects in a different way (Development Configuration perspective > right click on the Softwarecomponent > Create new DC... from the

context menu). This case your DC will be registered in the DTR and can be shared with other developers. So as mentioned if you proceed in a different way as above described, your project cannot be recongnized as a development component, you will face certain problems (e.g. by creating archives).

As a solution I can provide you two alternatives:

1) As mentioned recreate the DC in the supported way, i.e. create the project on a DC already exists in the DTR.

2) You can create a new DC and you can copy the contents of the original project to this DC into the Project directory. To do this you have to copy the "src" folder and the "Model Folder". Additionally you have to recreate the public parts. After the copy you must trigger a refresh in the Eclipse Navigator using the context menu of the Project and after this in the context menu of the project in the webdynpro explorer a Reload is necessary.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,

Blanca

0 Kudos

Hi blanca thanks for the reply.

Actually my project was in the form of a folder named .dtc which had three other folders 0,1,2 u2026u2026.

I had imported some development configuration into my development configuration perspectiveu2026

but later after reading your reply I just checked in my local system and found the .dtc folder which

was being used by the local DC and I replaced the .dtc folder with the my project's .dtc folder.

now the project is built and deployed successfully through webdynpro perspective

but when I try to login to the DTR , it asks me for password of the server on which the project was

createdu2026.

where can I change the login credentials for CBS and DTR?