cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capabilities of Gantt control (Web Dynpro ABAP)

0 Kudos

Hello

After investigation and example watching/trying i haven't understood if the Gantt control has some capabilities i need:

1. If user can add new nodes to the tree on the left side of the control? i have found examples where you may only to edit the text of already existing nodes.

2. Is the new pretty cProjects Gantt diagram based on the ordinary Web Dynpro ABAP Gantt control? Available examples look much more ugly?

( The screenshots of the new cProjects Gantt chart are here Link: [http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/60173781-b0a8-2b10-75a7-e2e991209eec] for example.

The example of ugly one is the component "WDR_TEST_GANTT" Web-Dynpro component available in SAP Netweaver. )

Edited by: raaleksandr on Jul 9, 2010 10:33 AM

Edited by: raaleksandr on Jul 9, 2010 10:35 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

daniel_humberg
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, the GanttChart in cProjects (at least 4.5) is purely based on the WD Gantt control.

They use their own type repository as far as I know, and have invested some brain into an own XSLT transformation, but apart from that, it is "just" the WD gantt control.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>Is the new pretty cProjects Gantt diagram based on the ordinary Web Dynpro ABAP Gantt control? Available examples look much more ugly?

I'm about 90% sure that this is the same Gantt chart from the standard WDA UI element. About the only other possiblity is a FlashIsland, and cProjects didn't file for an exception to use the FlashIsland technology (all usages are tracked internally).

The Gantt chart can be skinned. In fact all JNet based controls can be skinned. We have a Signature design skin for JNet that looks like the screen shots in the presentation. The example application is running without a skin. Just like with the IGS, the latest Skins make a huge difference.

That said, I'm not that terribly familiar with the Gantt UI element itself. I've never used it, so I couldn't really answer you detailed question about capabilities. I've only ever seen screen shots of the different skins.