cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tms configuraion error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

when i try to configure three system landscape in our system . i am facing below issue in QAS system

when i add qas system in to transport domain controller of dev below error occurred

Error during distribution of tp configuration to check -->(Tms alert viewer)

tms alert viewer:

write_profile_failed ,read_profile_failed

file
sapdev\sapmnt\trans\bin\Tp_domain_sid.pfl could not be opened for writting (Permission denied)

Tks,

Raju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello t401289,

You just close the message and you didn´t tell anything about how you solved your problem...!!

Unfortunately many users in the SDN community have this bad behavior!! This is a forum and so you solve and share with others information... you can help others in near future with your explanation/information how who you solved that!!

PLEASE provide the solution and tell something to us... because when we answer to you is to help you and therefore sorry but the least you can do now is saying how to solve the issue! OK?! not just close the thread..!

Thank you,

João Dimas - Portugal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Have you check the permission for the file system?

Provide full rights to the file path as you mentioned.

Regards,

Nisit

JamesBlair
Explorer
0 Kudos

another potential problem here is when you have your Dev/QA/Prod systems in different windows domains.

ie, dev is running under account DEVDOMAIN\SAPServiceDEV and QA is running under QADOMAIN\SAPServiceQAS. If there is no trust relationship between the 2 domains then you can't add the QA account (or the associated SAP_QAS_GlobalAdmin group) to the SAP_LocalAdmin group on the dev server.

I this situation, you need to create a local SAPServiceQAS user on the dev server and add it to the SAP_LocalAdmin group. This user must have the same password as the QADOMAIN\SAPServiceQAS user.

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your trans directory shared between the two servers.

For example: trans directory shared between your QAS and PROD server.

I have faced the same problem when the Trans was shared between my DEV and QAS server.

Regards,

Sharib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,Transport directories are shared

former_member184628
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The this problem occurs when you install DEV server and do a Transport configuration and after that you install a QAS or DEV server.

After Installation of the new AS server the ownership of the trans folder changes to the SIDADM of the new AS server.

Please give 777 permission for the time being to the trans and to bin folder inside trans directory and try configuring it again.

If this is successful then change the permission appropriately.

Regrads,

Sharib Tasneem

Edited by: T.sharib on Jul 9, 2010 12:20 PM

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello t401289,

It seems to me also a permission problem between server... check again the permissions for usr directory at all servers!!

And give us other information... can you check the STMS, the three tests, in SAP system --> Check --> Connection Test / Transport Directory / Transport Tool.

Also check in tcode RZ11 this two values parameters of DIR_TRANS and SAPTRANSHOST !

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Former Member
0 Kudos

On your development server, you have a local group called SAP_LocalAdmin.

This group is used for authorization in the
devserver\sapmnt\trans directories.

Imagine that your qas system is called QAS and the production system is called PRD, then:

You have to add the global group DOMAIN\SAP_QAS_GlobalAdmin to the local SAP_LocalAdmin group.

You also have to add DOMAIN\SAP_PRD_GlobalAdmin to this local group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have added the group but still facing the issue

Tks,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

In windows environment, the "old connection" could still be opened and thus using the old authorization.

I the past I have sometimes came across situations where the only way was to restart the system.

Before doing that,

try to logon to the qas server via mstsc as qasadm and see if you can access
devserver\sapmnt\trans

If it works, then try the same but by using tcode AL11 (of QAS) and doubleclick on DIR_TRANS

(which should point to
devserver\sapmnt\trans ).