cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Documentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I almost finish the development phase of my Project. This is my first XI project and I never did any Technical documentation… I’m a little bit lost!!! How to start and what is really relevant to include on?

I also need to do user manuals: How-to monitoring, How-to add new scenario/interfaces, etc.

If anyone can send me some examples or templates, it will really help me

my e-mail: ricardojqp@gmail.com

Cheers,

Ricardo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to open the link given in Mich's blog (1485)

ASAP Implementation Roadmap for SAP Exchange Infrastructure

its not opening.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

Check the link, provided by me..

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Here are some ideas as to how you could document your interfaces design and build:-

Firstly, during the design phase:

1. You could maintain a document for the overall picture-an architecture view...as to how many SAP and non-SAP systems, how they are talking to each other, etc. You should specify details about each system and what kind of data will each system be receiving/posting to XI, etc. How often is this data sent/rcvd, load details, etc.

2. Maintain another design document specific for each interface...with specific details about the data being loaded, validations being performed, mapping details,how the data is sent...which design approach..adapter details, etc; including the naming conventions being followed.

You can also maintain a separate document/embed a document with all the java codes that you might have probably used during mapping..to maintain clarity.

After the build and successful functioning of the interfaces, update the design documents.

During build phase, I don't think you will have to maintain any separate documents as such.

Btw, in Michal's FAQ blog, he has given the link to ASAP implementation approach. Do have a look at that too!

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Templates for documentation:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/04/09/xi--saps-document-templates

There are How To Guides in service.sap.com for most of things. You can have a look at those.

Regards

Vijaya