cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Replications from Multiple Backends

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where I need to replicate materials from multiple backends. Based on this case I have few questions as below.

1. Material A is there in Backend 1 and Backend 2 with same material number in both backends. As per my understanding there is no issue.

What are the implication wrt to this in rest of the system config and how we can address them?

2. I know there is search filter based on the Backend System when searching for a product in the Shopping Cart, but how the user can be restricted to one backend system in a multiple backend system scenario?

Regards,

Satya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

>

(...)

> 1. Material A is there in Backend 1 and Backend 2 with same material number in both backends. As per my understanding there is no issue.

> What are the implication wrt to this in rest of the system config and how we can address them?

> (...)

Customizing done for product categories (as 'Define Backend System for Product Category' for example), must be done for all backend systems.

>

(...)

> 2. I know there is search filter based on the Backend System when searching for a product in the Shopping Cart, but how the user can be restricted to one backend system in a multiple backend system scenario?

> (...)

Define in 'Extended Attributes' tab correct source system for product categories allowed to concerned users.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may also implement Business Add-In (BADI) table wherein if material X is used in the SC, follow-on document will be created in R/3 backend Y.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here the Product Category plays a major role in terms of determining the Backend system. If I am going to have same Material Groups (Product Categories) Numbers in 2 diff backs how can we proceed in this case.

Also pls let me know that, Do we need to replicate Materials and Material groups from 2 diff backends to SRM via config (CRM Middleware) Will there be any issue in terms of replication the materials if the Material Group and Material have the same Numbers in 2 backends? Because I can implement BADI and put some logic to Determine the backend system.

Suggest me the best practice of doing this.

Regards,

Satya