cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking field condition in PI mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using IDOC to JDBC adapter . When I receive an IDOC from ECC to PI, I need to check for the value of one segment field

if that field value is ZS1, then only needs to send this IDoc data to external system.

Eventhough this field is not mandatory field in IDoc and not using in the receiver system structure. This field just to check the condition weather to send or not.

Regards,

Vinay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I need to check for the value of one segment field if that field value is ZS1, then only needs to send this IDoc data to 
external system.

Do the check in Receiver Determination itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for your response.

Please explain me in detail how to do this in receiver determination. Because reciever structure will not receive this field Only its available in sender IDoc structure.

I never Validate field at receiver determination ....Explain in detail.

Regards,

Vinay.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Because reciever structure will not receive this field Only its available in sender IDoc structure.

Even though the name is Receiver Determination.....the validation is done on the Sender structure.....just that we select which receiver should receive the message.....or if the message should be sent to the receiver or not.

Receiver Determination > Condition Editor (adjacent column to where you have mentioned the receiver service)> Left Operand --> XPATH --> Select the IDOC node

Middle Operand --> = operator

Right Operand --> ZS1 ....it will be constant.....harcode it.

Then select the option as you require....end with error or cancel the process...it will be implemented when IDOC_filed is not ZS1

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I can't see any conditor editor here in receiver determination ...Do we need to enable anything here ?

Regards,

Vinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which version of PI r u using?

Follow link:-

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/06/07/customise-your-xpath-expressions-in-receiver-determination

chirag

Edited by: Chirag Gohil on Jul 9, 2010 11:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abishek,

I got it and I slected the condition like IDOC_FIELD = ZS1 But what to select below ?

If no receiver is found , proceed as follows

1) error message.

2) ignore

3) select the following receiever

Here what is no reciever found means ? Means IDOC_FIELD is not equal to ZS1 ?

I dont want to procced if condition fails ( IDOC_FIELD = ZS1 ). Can I select ignore option in this case ?

Regards,

Vinay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The options clearly says ur requirement...

please go through http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/26/5ccd3bb4560f01e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Babu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/43/a513f2632c332ce10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

and then decide what your business needs to do in such cases.

Regards,

Pragati

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Here what is no reciever found means ? Means IDOC_FIELD is not equal to ZS1 ?

Yes

I dont want to procced if condition fails ( IDOC_FIELD = ZS1 ).

Since you dont want to proceed further with message processding select 1) error message.

Can I select ignore option in this case ?

No, ignore would mean that you want to forward the message to receiver even when IDOC_FIELD is not equal to ZS1

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhisehk .......I am done with your inputs, I am closing this thread.

Regards,

Vinay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In condition editor add the following :

that field exists AND the value is 'ZS1'

If both condns are satisfied then the data will be send to target sys.If the field doesnot appear in idoc structure then the data won't be sent to target.

If you are using PI 7.1 check this:

/people/abhishek.salvi/blog/2009/07/15/sap-pi71-receiver-determination-xpath-and-you

Regards,

Pragati