cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Group 3 field extension

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently the customer group 3 field (XD02 - Sales Area Data - Extras - Additional data) accommodates only 3 characters. Our requirement is to extend the field to six characters or create a new field since the customer group seems to go beyond 999.

Appreciate any ideas put forward.

Thank you

nimeboy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member1115366
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Modifying KVGR3 by extending its length will impact structures where the data element is embedded. This will manifest itself as truncation of the field by standard programming, such as on screens, in IDOCs, and when copied from one document to another.

I endorse the recommendation to use the full spectrum of values available in the three-character alphanumeric field, as opposed to extension. If a six-character field is absolutely necessary, then create an append structure on KNVV for a new field and populate it via user exit.

Cheers,

Ken

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

It can be done through BADI and for that take help of ur ABAPer.

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

HAPPY TO HELP U

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not an issue at all.. Customer group 1-5 can be maintained as Alpha-nemeric... So you can maintain as A01, A02, A03..A10, A11.... As such you can go till ZZZ

Thanks,

Pushparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pushparaj,

Thanks for reply

Our customer wants to maintain only Customer Group 3 (field KVGR3) for their export and domestic purpose. Now that, if we maintain a new field with six characters or change the existing field KVGR3; i need to know which tables it would have an effect. It would be great if anyone could tell which tables uses the field KVGR3 and any alternate way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I understood from your question is you have Customer group 3 fields more than 999... As per my earlier answer once you cross 999 count, you can add the Alpha -numeric values like A01..A02... etc...

Please let me know if that still resolves your issue or I am not getting your issue..

Thanks,

Pushparaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Currently we are maintaining D01, D02 e.t.c for domestic customers and E01, E02 e.t.c for export customers. It has gone beyond D99 and they want to continue using D & E number ranges.

Sorry about that....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can talk to your Abapers and get the settings changed for that particular field.

balu