cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog for Shopping is not visible in another language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we are implementing SRM 4.0 with CCM 2.0. We have created a procurement catalog in language German. If we log on in German this Catalog in its items is visible in EBP. Now we want to use this catalog also in language English. We went to "edit catalog" in CAT and added the language English on tab "Schema". We have translated the catalog schema in English. After that we published the entire catalog. After that we assigned the view to the relevant roles (SAP_BBP_STAL_MANAGAER and SAP_BBP_STAL_EMPLOYEE). But now no Procurement Catalog is visible for Shopping.

Many thanks and best regards,

Bernd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

did you maintain catalog name (Description) in all languages in catalog call. Link will be visible only if you maintain it in user language.

When you log in EBP with SAPGui in user language to edit catalog call you will see that Description field is empty.

HTH

Gordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordan,

thank you for your answer.

I have selected the relevant language in "Edit Catalogs" and entered on tab "Schema" the description of the catalog in English. What do you mean by log in EBP with SAPGui? Do you mean log in EBP via Browser or do you mean log in mySAP SRM?

BR,

Bernd

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hell Bernd,

yes log in SRM via SAPGui on new language and check in customizing catalog call.

From your question I understand that when you log with new language via browser you do not see link for the catalog. This link is created from "Description" in catalog call and if this is empty in SRM you will not see it in web.

Gordan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernd,

I think you make a mismatch between SRM and CCM language.

Your catalog content must be available in German in CCM.

But in SRM, the catalog definition (SPRO --> SRM Server --> ... --> Define web services) must also be translated in German. Otherwise it won't appear in SRM Shop transaction.

You will also have to setup the language parameter in the SRM catalog calling structure as variable, using SY-LANGU.

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordan and Christoph,

thanks for your help. Now the CCM-Link is visible but there are no categories and items visible. I have already assigned the items to the relevant view and the view is assigned to the relevant role. The only thing is that the view has only a description in the original language. If this could be the problem can you please tell me where I could maintain the description of the view? I see only the option to create a new one or to delete the old one.

BR,

Bernd

Message was edited by: Bernd Korder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have found the button for editing the view name. Many thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Bernd

former_member184214
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bernd,

remember to put SY-LANGU (SAP Field) in locale as Christophe said. Do not mix this with SAP-LANGUAGE field.

Gordan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bernd

I have the same problem that you had, the description don´t appear when the catalog is in english. I read your conversation but i miss something. You sad that you have found the button for editing the view name, can you tell me where is that button?

Thanks advance