cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error log file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I got the error while importing data through import manger, where I get this error list? What is the path?

Where the error log file is store? explain me indetail for when occuring errors in data manger, imort manger, syndicator.

Thanks in Advance,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If I got the error while importing data through import manger, where I get this error list?

This is not possible through Import Manager alone. You can find logs if you use Port Concept either using Import Server or by selecting Type = Port during Import Manager.

Please find similar thread, Just go through it you will find answer to your question:

Where the error log file is store?

There are two types of log; Server log and Repository logs.

For understanding and more details, Please refer below Article's:

Server Logs:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00e840c2-a534-2b10-e5b6-f966218b6...

Repository Logs:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30a09f27-a33f-2b10-d788-d83d790d4...

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MDM_DIR\Import Server\Temp\*.*

Temp files during the import process -> these files are either moved [to MDS] or removed after the import process.

While MDIS is processing a port, the logs for the import task are written to a temp directory where MDIS is installed (default) or specified by Logs parameter in MDIS.ini. Once an import task is finished, the related logs are moved to the corresponding port/log directory on the MDS side.

MDM_DIR\Import Server\Logs\*.xml 
Server logs/assertion logs /home/mdm/mdm/mdis/Logs

Server Log u2013 The server log is created under the Logs directory where MDIS is installed (default) or specified by the Logs parameter in MDIS.ini. The server log is for general issues, for example could not log in to the repositories, could not connect to MDM server, etc.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

former_member182007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi COTI,

for a graound level understanding

The Logs table is an MDM system table. It appears in MDM Console at the last for each MDM Server rather than each MDM repository. These are visually separate from the other tables as well. A log file is a text file that to it by a daemon process. continually has one-liner status messages appended .

when we take an archive of a repository, a log file is generated by the MDM Server which contains all the information like name of the repository of which archive is taken, version of MDM Server, name of the server, path of the location where it is saved, the time at which the archive is taken. MDM Console provides several log files that can be examined in MDM Console.

Hope it helps

Deep

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can fine this error details under LOG folder in MDM server Log folder that is under MDS \ LOGS folder

Edited by: jignesh patel on Jul 9, 2010 9:32 AM