Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Java Add-In for an existing ABAP System -Error SQL compatibility

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

We have a system and it has only the ABAP instance! So my goal is install the JAVA iinstance. In this momment I´m reading the section "4.4.2 Installing the Java Add-In for an Existing ABAP System (Optional)" in installation guide "SAP ERP 6.0 SR3" (ABAP+JAVA). So, I want to install the JAVA instance which is the Java Add-In for an existing ABAP system!

So what I did was followed that instructions on that section in guide!

As you certainly know this process has three sequential phases:

1) Central Services Instance (SCS) Java Add-In

2) Database Instance Java Add-In

3) Central Instance Java Add-In

The first phase - Central Services Instance (SCS) Java Add-In - it already finished with success, but I´m faccing with a weird error in second phase Database Instance Java Add-In when I entered all required input parameters, SAPinst shows an error that says:

The database PRD has the wrong compatibility level. The database used for the installation of an SAP system must have compatibility level: 80 for MS SQL Server 2000 90 for MS SQL Server 2005 SOLUTION: See the MS SQL Server documentation on how to set the compatibility level for a database.

I don´t know what´s happen, in fact my database is an SQL Server 2008 (100), but I already change it at management studio, the compatibility level to MS SQL Server 2005, but still the error remains!!! I also tried to ran again the sapinst process, I restarted it but it still show me this error!!

Can you tell me why and how can I solve this problem?

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

fjhernanz
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You would need to use the sp_dbcmptlevel Stored Procedure as described in SAP note 382293

Hope it will help !

Br and have a nice weekend !

Javier

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello to both,

Thank you for trying to help me! But I guess that is not the solution... As I said in my first message I already change the database compatibility level via management studio!! So what you both said me is exactly what I already did but rather with the command sp_dbcmptlevel. I also tried, after change the compatibility level to SQL 2005, restart the engine and restart the server, but none of these solutions resulted in success, this continues to show me that warning/error and doesn´t let me to go further!!

DAMN!!

Remark: By the way, before this activity (install Java instance), I did an upgrade to database SQL server 2005 to 2008!!

Any more suggestions?

Kind regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is problem in compatibility level that you have set. Please check below link:

http://www.kodyaz.com/articles/sql-database-compatibility-level.aspx

Thanks

Sunny

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

Yeah... to that conclusion I had already reached!!

As I said above, I already did that change, I restart the engine / SQL services even so the system display that error!

Any other tips?

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny,

I still have this error... I don´t know what do to more for this situation!

I found one not which report this error of compatibility - Note 1152240 - Setting Up Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (R2) - in chapter "VII TROUBLESHOOTING" which said to follow the instructions in chapter III - "Installing SAP systems based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3".

When I read this last chapter (III) it tell us to do:

If you want to install an SAP system based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3 on SQL Server 2008, you cannot use the Installation Master and Kernel DVD that you received from SAP or downloaded from SAP Service Marketplace. Instead, you have to do the following:
Patch your runtime libraries by applying the procedure that is described in note 684106 for your release and machine architecture.
Use a modified Installation Master DVD
For more information, see section "VI PROCEDURES" -> "Creating a modified Installation Master DVD".
Use a modified Kernel DVD
For more information, see section "VI PROCEDURES" -> "Creating a modified Kernel DVD".

I did everything that is said in the note (except the "Creating a modified Kernel DVD") because I can not access to the note 1480785 (it say: "The requested SAP Note is either in reworking or is released internally only")

Can you help me... can you guide me... please!?

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

joo_migueldimas
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Sunny again,

I already solve the problem, the solution is in note 1152240 - Setting Up Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (R2) in TROUBLESHOOTING chapter, I did everything that is said in "Installing SAP systems based on SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3". I found some dificulties because some notes were locked by SAP for updated and not only for this but also I did a little mistake when I tried to solve this problem before I found this note/solution I changed in SQL Server 2008 management studio the compatiblity level option to SQL Server 2005... !

So... for all users that one day will be facing with the same error never... but never change it!! Just apply the correction mentioned in that note and never change the compatibility level for 2008 to 2005/2000!

Best regards,

João Dimas - Portugal

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Jaos, I have installed SQL 2008 R2 on Win 2008, and am trying to uninstall SAP however I recieved the error regarding

The database has the wrong compatibility level

The database used for the installation of an SAP system mush have compatibitliy level:

80 for MS SQL Server 2000

90 for MS SQL Server 2005

I read the note you indicated 1152240, however the solution is not clear as to what you did to resolve your problem.

Please advise

Kind regards

Maria