cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Structural exceptions due to invisible french characters............

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am getting alot of structural exceptions due some characters in french descriptions which i am not able to see, inorder to import that into MDM, i have to go the text file where the import manager stops, i remove a extra space/tab, then it allow me to load it into MDM....., can anyone help me a way in which it does'nt give me this exception........

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shrinivas,

I would suggest to do check and correction at the source system to remove these special characters from the field value before extraction or at middleware (PI) if you are using it. In this way you will have correct file before importing data into MDM.

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

these special characters are coming from SAP in text delimiter file, when we open that file we cannot see that with naked eye, but when we use special text editor we can see that, one question why SAP ERP was able to accept those characters and not SAP MDM., is there any to ignore/replace those character for not getting int o MDM......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srinivas,

You can use value conversion filters to replace characters in import manager.

Try this option and if this will not help you then please inform us.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because of these invisible characters i am gettign structural exception, ie when i use import manager, its not able to load the file, unless the i correct the character that it gives in error(i remove the extra space etc) then it will load. if these characters present its not laoding the whole file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi srinivas ,

I do not think this is possible.You have to change the data.

One thing what is the need of putting french character in english lang file.

One thing is try with log in import manager through french language and then try.

Just revert back with yr result.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I observed thats its not only coming for french cahracters sometimes these error is coming from normal english text, and when i try to open it with import manager, i am gettinh this following error " Logon Error: Found non-conforming character in the input stream[encoding ASCII]line 4[pos 250]", when i go to that place in the file , i just see a extra space, when i delete it, i am able to open the importmanager with and has to manually import everytime this structural error occurs. this data is coming from SAP. can any one help witrh this, whne we automate the whole lprocess we don't want a manual intervention.......

Thanks,

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini

Please check with the XI mapping. Some times the file generated may contain EOL, EOS parameters which are converted o special characters in Import manager.

Also if the scenario is to get a source file to MDM for multiple records, try to break this into single records and see if still special characters are coming.

Thanks-Ravi