cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tuple table update issue..........

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a Tuple table in a main table with 2 colums: material number & quantity, after the intial full load when ever the quantity for a particular material changes and when we get delta load, instead of updating the quantity in tuple table, its writing new row in the list ie now we are having 2 records with same material number but different quantity, what should i do inorder to update quantity instead of writing a new record for same material number..., did any one faced this issue, please guide me ..........

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Srinivas,

Try the following steps

1. In import manager ,right click on field of type tuple and select "select tuple update".

2. put "material number" field in matching field selection and quantity in available section.

3. For new records set create and for "existing records" select all update mapped fields option from drop down.

Then import your file.

Please check these stpes at yr end and revert back with results.

This will solve yr problem.

Thanks,

Sudhanshu

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I feel you have not set the tuple update options correctly.. Check and try by setting update option to Update (All Mapped Fields) or Replace (*as per your requirement).

Please check Import manager guide using below link (page no 263) for more details

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/4b/72b8e7a42301bae10000000a42189b/MDMImportManager71...

Kindly revert if you face any issues.

Best Regards,

Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your qucik reply, option while importing is already "Update all mapped field". when i try replace it saying can't use this option has i have remote key mapping on main table, any other idea;s or work around

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just want to double check and make sure we are on same page. I was talking about Tuple Update option and not the dafault import action of Match tab of import manger..

I mean, in the Map Fields/Values tab of import manager, right click on the destination tuple and check the update option there.

Best Regards,

Shiv