Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting access to only Personnal Area 1000.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends

I am trying to restrict my Roles to PA 1000.

I confirm that all the P_ORGINCON value has PA value assigned to 1000.

However, I have noticed some of the Roles that are used by other users in other PA, has Org Assignment value left

empty but has specific PA value ( 1020 example) in P_ORGINCON.auth object.

Does the Org assigment vaule " " (empty) for PA overrides the specific value for P_ORGINCON in the Role? Please advise.

Thanks,

PT.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

HR did not always use the DUMMY construct as it was intended.

Depending on which release you are on it will work differently, but generally you can assume that the checks will be fullfilled with a ' ' value in the authorizations.

Of course you can test it and then let us know how it works on your release...

Cheers,

Julius

14 REPLIES 14

Former Member
0 Kudos

HR did not always use the DUMMY construct as it was intended.

Depending on which release you are on it will work differently, but generally you can assume that the checks will be fullfilled with a ' ' value in the authorizations.

Of course you can test it and then let us know how it works on your release...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

We are on ECC 6.0

Please advise.

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi you have extended context sensitive object:

I doubt if the personnel area in HR appears as an organization level.

when you are using P_ORGINCON the necessary switch should be on at the system level

pay attention to maintain the PA same in P_ORGXX, P_ORGXXCON

P_pernr & P_orgin.

Also check to see if the role can be generated if the Organization level is not maintained, that the authorization tab for such roles will be yellow.

I would also agree with Julius instruction.

From what I understand this is an authorization object and PA should

be maintained appropriately

let me if I have understood your question correctly, I am thinking PA- is personnel Area in your case...!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pranav,

However, I have noticed some of the Roles that are used by other users in other PA, has Org Assignment value left

Does the Org assigment vaule " " (empty) for PA overrides the specific value for P_ORGINCON in the Role? Please advise.

You are talking about organizational key (VSDK1),then it should either get filled from org assignment infotype(0001) or you need to enter manually.

We can assume at org assignment infotype(0001),the value is mentioned as " " .

go thru the link : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/17/4bba3b3bf00152e10000000a114084/content.htm

Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos

Sri,

I was referring to Org Assignment value for PA (PERSONAL AREA) having empty in role Vs manually entered value in P_ORGINCON Auth. Object.

VDSK1 is not the issue.

Pranav

0 Kudos

Pranav,

If NULL / DUMMY is present then it will not override, but NULL can give access to empty fields (from functional side).

Disavantage with maual : Let say you have three objects for PA in a role

A , B , C objects

PA PA PA Org assignments

You entered

manually in A (even for B & C you need to enter manually, it will not pull values automatically).

Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos

Sri,

Thanks for your response.

Here is the trace logs.

Below are the successful checks which should not be the case.

17:15:51:489 AUTH - - - P_ORGINCON RC=0 INFTY=0001;SUBTY=' ';AUTHC=R;PERSA= ;PERSG= ;PERSK= ;VDSK1= ;PROFL= ;

17:15:51:490 AUTH - - - P_ORGINCON RC=0 INFTY=0001;SUBTY=' ';AUTHC=R;PERSA= ;PERSG= ;PERSK= ;VDSK1= ;PROFL= ;

I checked All the roles and profiles for the P_ORGINCON in SU56 and RHUSERRELATIONS.

There is no where I see vaule empty defined for other fields of P_ORGINCON fior infotype 0001.

Any thing, I should check from your experience? Please advise.

Thanks

Pranav

0 Kudos

Guys,

I refer to the link as well and not able to find any answer as well.

Thanks,

pranav

0 Kudos

Pranav,

Previously you have mentioned that you have some roles with empty and some roles with value. will that override. experts have given you answers.

Now you hvae comeing up saying , I dont find empty values.

AUTHC=R;PERSA= ;PERSG= ;PERSK= ;VDSK1= ;PROFL= ;

17:15:51:490 AUTH - - - P_ORGINCON RC=0 INFTY=0001;SUBTY=' ';AUTHC=R;PERSA= ;PERSG= ;PERSK= ;VDSK1= ;PROFL= ;

I guess these values are getting pulled from Org assignment infotype 0001.

If this not the answer you looking for,then reframe your question.

Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

I tried puttig the values in Org assigment for PA 1000 , Org key 2000 and Plan version 01 in ALL the roles also but still I am getting the Trace for empty values and Report does give me the results for PA 1020 Org key 3000 and other Personall Areas.

Please let me know if you still need explaination.

If you have an email, please let me know, I will send you the Role in attachment.

Pranav Thaker.

0 Kudos

Pranav,

what did you mention in PROFL?

I guess there is no DATA present for org assignment.

2. Internally we dont know how auth check taking place.

Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos

The PROFL value is " * "

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

One thing I noticed.

The customized report zpatc_cost_hire report is checking for the SAPDBPNP report and COAR -=2 Value.

The profile that has this Customized T code ( zpatc_cost_hire) has, P_ABAP Auth object with SAPDBPNP report with COARS=2 value.

Do you think this might be the issue?

Pranav

0 Kudos

Hi Pranva,

First of all you check,whether data exist for PA 1020 Org key 3000 . Since trace report shows ; for remaining fields.

2. Talk to your HR developer,is that the cause for error.?

Thanks,

Sri