cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW 7 Install Error on Phase 43 of 47 (Start Instance) Dispatcher stopping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm trying to install NW 7 ABAP system on window server 2008 stand. I have been getting errors on this phase. I have tried installing it multiple times.

When I look at the sapmmc console, dispatcher is stopping. When i looked at the work look, it is failing to communicate to its own IP. I was able to telnet to this machine and works fine. however, it is trying to connect on port 3302 which is failing and telnet is failing too. I have tried adding this port to firewall and disabled firewall but it does not solve it. Please help.

Work Log Error:

Thu Jul 08 13:34:53 2010

***LOG Q0I=> NiPConnect2: connect (10061: WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused) [nixxi.cpp 2770]

• ERROR => NiPConnect2: SiPeekPendConn failed for hdl 0 / sock 1836

(SI_ECONN_REFUSE/10061; I4; ST; 192.168.1.108:3302) [nixxi.cpp 2770]

• ERROR => GwIConnect: GwConnect to WIN-T3RJKF8RM0T / 3302 failed (rc=NIECONN_REFUSED) [gwxx.c 296]

***LOG S0T=> GwIConnect, GwConnect (-0010) [gwxx.c 297]

***LOG S0R=> GwIConnect, GwConnect () [gwxx.c 299]

***LOG S0S=> GwIConnect, GwConnect (3302) [gwxx.c 301]

***LOG S90=> SAP_CMREGTP2, GwIConnect ( 236) [r3cpic.c 9624]

• LOCATION CPIC (TCP/IP) on local host

• ERROR partner 'WIN-T3RJKF8RM0T:3302' not reached

• TIME Thu Jul 08 13:34:53 2010

• RELEASE 700

• COMPONENT NI (network interface)

• VERSION 38

• RC -10

• MODULE nixxi.cpp

• LINE 2770

• DETAIL NiPConnect2

• SYSTEM CALL connect

• ERRNO 10061

• ERRNO TEXT WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused

• COUNTER 168

Your help is really appreciated!

Thanks,

Afi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii ,

I also faced the same problem recently , what i did is i checked my work processes trace and found that my user SAPSR3 was locked so i unlocked , it worked for me the dispatcher started worked again.For more details look

sap Note 50088 .

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved.

Solution: I came to know that I was running out of memory and on top of that, I did not setup paging so the work processes were dying. When I assigned 20-30 gb of paging, it's running great now and the installation completed.

Thanks for the help guys.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the workprocess traces

dev_disp

dev_w0

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Markus,

I was trying to look for those logs, but I could not find them in work directory. I don't know why. I have changed my host name starting the installation again. I will update you If I find the issue again.

Thanks,

Afi

0 Kudos

Usually the port 33XX is the gateway port. Check the dev_rd trace file of instance 02!

cheers, Clebio

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First of all what I can think of is your hostname is very long.

For ABAP installation on window and oracle, maximum length is 12 characters. But in your case it is 15. Check SAP note 849423.

If combination is not window and oracle, maximum length can be 13 characters. Check SAP note 611361.

Please correct this and then try.

Thanks

Sunny