Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New tp .net and New to SAP Applicatiosn built on SAP .Net

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am very new (0/10) to .net.

But I have been develoing applications for SAP EP running on Java.

I would lke to know more about .net compatibility with SAP.

Meaning what version of .net (framework) is suported and how do we develop the applications where we have ASP.net but want it to deploy in SAP Web AS.

since I know ASP.net requires an IIS and IIS does not run on windows.

Any and every post will be suitably rewarded

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhojak,

There are 2 products from SAP that support .NET (that allow writing in .NET and integrate to the SAP other products).

The first is .NET connector. It allows you to call functions (BAPIs) in the SAP back-end (R/3) from any .NET application. It's run-time supports both frameworks (1.1 and 2.0), but it currently only has design time support (an Add-in) in Visual Studio 2003.

The second is the PDK for .NET (Portal Development Kit for .NET). IT allows you to develop ASP.NET-like applications (in a specific project) that run on the EP, without the need for IIS anywhere. It currently has 2 possible versions (latest): version 2.0 for framework 1.1 (integrated into VS03), and version 2.5 for both frameworks (integrated into VS05).

You can of course use both products in one solution.

If you want to use existing ASP.NET projects, you can either go through some importing (manual) process to PDK.NET or use your IIS on a different machine and create "url iviews" to your application.

Hope that helped,

Ofer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

The PDK has access to the following services in the portal:

1 .Object Based Navigation

2. System Landscape

3. User Management

Wt r all necessary for deployment:

1. Microsoft Visual Studio .Net 2003

2. SAP Portal Development Kit for .Net 2.0