cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Properties file inside resource, maintaining......

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all greaters

I know how manipulate a "properties" file, my problem is how maintain and where locate it!

I haven't KM, so my question is?

If i put the "prop" file into the project, at runtime i can modify and update it!

If yes, how?

If not, some suggestion?

I wanna avoid to create a stupid JAVA DICTIONARY TABLE.

Thank in advance Roberto.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

I am not aware of 7.0 but in CE7.1 you can change the values in the property files in Web Dynpro applications at run-time.

You can do that in NWA->Configuration Management->Infrastructure->Application Modules

Search for Your Web Dynpro in the table and select the row. Below the table select the 'Web Dynpro Properties' tab. This will list the properties files in your Web Dynpro application. Select the property file you want to change. Below that table you'll see all the properties in that file and the input field filled with the values. You can change them there.

Regards,

Ajay

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

really?

have you some example? link?

Thanks for your suggestion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roberto,

In one of our project on CE7.1 we had a Web Dynpro application which had link to open a document stored on broadvision portal.

We created a property file(under configuration) in our Web Dynpro project and enter this URL as a value for this property.

After some time( actually after a couple of years after go-live) they moved thst document to some other location and hence URL was changed. We could just go to http://<portal url>:port/nwa and accessed Configuration Management->Infrastructure->Application Modules. Searched for Our Web Dynpro module. Clicked Web Dynpro properties and select the property file configuration. It gives the list of properties and values. There we could change the value to the new URL.

Regards,

Ajay

P.S. If you are using NW04s/7.0, check whether this feature is vaialble in NWA. We were using CE7.1

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is OK and thank

You wrote: "Web Dynpro applications at run-time." Runtime is important, i means runtime from the same application!

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I deployed my WEBDYNPRO on CE

but from NWA and "application module" administration i got this message

"Web Module doesn't contain Web Dynpro property sheets"

mmmmmm

what is missing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

i am also having the same requirement,

i saved some properties in the property file and accessing it from the web dynpro,

now i want to change the contents of the property file so i opened Application Modules and changed the properties

but when i run the application it gives the old values and not the new values.

I restarted the server then also the changes are not reflected...

I am accessing the property file as resource file as per the code below

IWDResourceHandler resourceHandlerForTree = WDResourceHandler.createResourceHandlerForCurrentSession();
 resourceHandlerForTree.loadResourceBundle("resources.colors",this.getClass().getClassLoader());
 String color1 = resourceHandlerForTree.getString("color1");

Is there is any other way to access the property file or am i missing something?

Regards,

Amol

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol in which file you saved and which "package", my "application module" is emty 😕

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Application module will display all the applications including standard SAP applications

check by refreshing and searching your application. Also check is your tray is collapsed..

Regards,

Amol

roberto_tagliento
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

i resolved, my error was put the properties file inside wrong src folder.

The right is "configuration" and now i can manage it from NWA.

Thanks to all

Answers (0)