cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MultiColumn sorting of context

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I need to sort the context nodes, based on 2 attributes of the context, one attr in ascending and the other attr in descending. I referred to the link in wiki http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/Tablesorterbymultiplecolumns(WebDynproJava). And as per MultiAttributesNodeComparator.java class given in wiki, I am able to sort the context nodes based on 2 attributes but I can only sort both columns either ascending or descending. I need to sort the context element, with first attribute ascending and second attribute descending. I am using Webdynpro 7.1 .

Replies Awaited...

Regards

Priya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priya,

Even I am not sure if you can achive this using the table sorter. I would suggest you to take a look at at Vector. It may be able to give you this functionality.

@Srinivas:Business logicwise I don't think both the requirements are mutually exclusive. e.g. there can be a table with two columns, Employee Name and Salary. You may want to sort the Names in ascending order and then is the names of the employees are the same then in descending order for the salary. Just a crude example.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> I need to sort the context element, with first attribute ascending and second attribute descending. I am using Webdynpro 7.1 .

>

Mutually exclusive? I am not very sure but you may not be able to do both at the same time.

Hope somebody has a better reply!