cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lining up fields on table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to line up some table columns on one of our smartforms.

The line giving me trouble has 6 fields all in the same text node and is on a line type that is undivided all the way across.

also i have one field that depending on what the field prints out seems to be either right justified or left justified. Which is making it very difficult to get this all lined up. So my first questions is how can I tell why this field is jumping back and forth?

Second if I change the line type to match that of the header will having more than one field still work with "new cell", "new line" and "New paragraph" set? (I'm more just curious on this part)

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

well I tried changing the output option settings and the line type to match that of the header. That didn't work.

Then I tried making all new text nodes one for each field setting the first node to new paragraph and a line type that matches the header leaving the other nodes as append directly, New cell checked, and skipping cells 1 for each node above it.

This gave me a "System message 038 from work area SSFCOMPOSER does not exist" which seems to be caused by my changing the line type from what I read on here.

I could try to space the fields out so that they line up under the correct header but the third field when it has 3 characters lines up next to the second field. When it has only 2 characters it seems to be right in between fields 2 and 4 but it pushes the very last (6th) field onto the next line.

I have another idea going to try just to see if I can get a better idea on what is going on but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.