cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex KR1025 File Upload - Accounting Run Number Generation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We plan to use Amex KR1025 daily data file and upload the same using PRCC in to our R/3 Enterprise version 4.7. When we receives the file from Amex, we have developed a customised conversion program that converts this data file into a SAP acceptable format file before it can be uploaded, and during this process, I realised that accounting run number is generated with a static number from Amex file and by adding month and date of the file from file header. For example, company code 'AB12' will have an id as 020527 given to us by Amex and the conversion program adds month and date as 0708(07 being july and 08 being file date). Now I imagine that currently it will work but in future ie, next year there will be an issue with this when it repeats the same number as this number will be repeated again when we upload for file for July 8th, 2011.

Wondering if anyone out there who could share their experience(s) concerning Accounting Run Number in Amex KR1025 data file.

Rgds

CONMJI

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks Guys.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you need to change the logic for accounting number. It is must to use atleast DDMMYY if not DDMMYYYY in the accounting number. Try to concatenate the country code 2 digits before Date. eg USDDMMYYYY

We dont use KR1025 but we use this logic for CCF and VCF format files.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes, you are correct. Next year it will say that the run number already exists and will not process the file. In the KR1025 file, the header line has the date which should be unique since amex will only create 1 file for each day. We use this date with the company id to create the run number. This will make sure that unique files are loaded and duplicates are errored out. If the combination of the company id and date (mmddyy) is too long, I would truncate the company id since that will be the same in all files for this company, you'll still be able to process correctly without the risk of duplicating.

Hope this helps.

Sal